Adult Care Worker Level 2 Apprenticeship ERMINGTON HOUSE LTD
An opportunity for a caring individual who is interested in commencing their career in adult care. You will learn to deliver person-centered care to vulnerable adults enabling them to live a fulfilled life.
Closing date: 22 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
25 Oct 2021
12 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Working as part of a friendly team you will have a varied role. Your main tasks and responsibilities may include:
- Provide high quality compassionate care and support
- help adults with care and support needs to achieve their personal goals and live as independently and safely as possible
- Support clients they are working with according to their personal care/support plan
- Provide clients with information to enable them to have a choice about the way they are supported
- Encourage clients to participate in the way their care and support is delivered
- Promote healthy eating and wellbeing by ensuring clients have access to fluids, food and nutrition
- Recognise symptoms of cognitive impairment, e.g. Dementia, learning disabilities and mental health
- Work in a safe way for yourself and others, following health, safety and safeguarding legislation and company policy and procedures
Requirements and prospects
- Have excellent communication skills
- Develop a good rapport with clients and their families
- Demonstrate patience and kindness
- Able to write clearly and legibly
- Able to provide emotional support i.e. listening, motivating etc
- Able to provide comfort and support to distressed clients
- Adaptable with a flexible approach to work
- Honest and trustworthy
- Positive outlook and a supportive and empathic approach
- Creative approach to providing support and problem solving
- Willingness to provide domiciliary care e.g. washing, dressing, personal care if future contracts require this
- Willingness to work in a changing environment
Good GCSE Grades A-D/9-3 in English and maths will be an advantage.
With experience, you can become a lead care worker. You can also move into more senior jobs, like managing people or services, if you study for further qualifications. For example, a Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management for Adult Care, or a degree in social work or nursing, earning up to £40,000 a year.
You can find more information on Future careers by visiting https://nationalcareers.service.gov.uk/
Things to consider
From April 2021, the National Minimum Wage for Apprentices rose to £4.30 per hour. This applies to 16-18-year-old apprentices and those aged over 19 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training. If you want any advice on your pay, you can contact the Pay and Work Rights Helpline on 0800 917 2368 or visit https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates Otherwise, all learners come under your normal terms of employment ranging from holidays, to sick pay and disciplinary procedures.
If you are unsure about applying or have any questions, please feel free to give the team a call 01752 202269.
Here are some helpful interview tips: https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/get-a-job/interview-advice
About the employer
Ermington House is a care home located in Ivybridge, Devon and caters for the needs of older people living with high needs dementia. Located In The picturesque South Hams area Of Devon, our home Is set within its own grounds and surrounded by the outstanding countryside.
There is a warm home-from-home atmosphere in the home, supported by a dedicated and friendly staff team. The home benefits from all local visiting professionals such as GPs, district nurses, physiotherapists as well as hairdresser, dentist, optician and podiatrist.
ACHIEVEMENT TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Achievement Training Ltd
The admissions team 01752 202264 email@example.com
You will receive specific on the job training from the employer in your workplace at Ermington House Care Home.
Off the job training will be delivered using weekly classroom sessions or delivered remotely by the tutor using Google classroom for the Adult Care Worker Level 2 standard. You will develop knowledge and understanding of;
- How to support and enable individuals to achieve their personal aims and goals
- What dignity means in how to work with individuals and others
- How to find out the best way to communicate with the individual they are supporting
- How to make sure confidential information is kept safe
- The national and local strategies for safeguarding and protection from abuse
- The health and safety responsibilities of self, employer and workers
- What to do when there is an accident or sudden illness
- How to work together with other people and organisations in the interest of the person being supported
Adult care worker
Level 2 (GCSE)