Apprentice Commis Chef Poacher's Brasserie
Supporting the current chef, you will learn a variety of cooking and preparation techniques covering a range of food groups. This is an ideal role for someone keen to experiment with menu creation and ingredients to create unique and bespoke dishes.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
05 Nov 2021
12 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
If you have a true passion for cooking and experimenting with ingredients and flavours to create dishes, then this is the role for you. Working for an award winning (Trip Advisor Choice Award 2020) restaurant you will support the head chef with a range of culinary creations. Main duties will include:
Assisting the senior chef and head chef in daily tasks including:
- To maintain and manage the required high operational and personal standard of hygiene and presentation at all times
- The preparation, cooking and service of food as directed by the chef in charge, whilst complying to the food safety act, portion control and presentation standards
- To ensure that working areas are kept clean and tidy
- Ensure accurate records are maintained as directed by the chef in charge
- Ensure that the handing over procedures and opening up /closing down procedures are complied to
- Stock takes of raw ingredients
- Ordering of raw ingredients from suppliers
- Supporting the chef with menu creation (menu changes every 6 weeks)
- Catering for weddings and events
Requirements and prospects
- Self motivated
- Open to constructive feedback
- Passion for food and cooking
- Creative nature
- High level of personal hygiene
- Able to use own initiative
- Flexible approach to days and hours of work
- GCSE maths and English grade E/2 or above.
- Potential for permanent position within the company.
Things to consider
- Please review the location as public transport is minimal. On a bus route from Nuneaton but will not be available during later evening shifts.
- Employer may be able to support with transport one way.
- Food and soft drinks provided during the shifts.
- Candidates will be required to attend a paid trial shift.
About the employer
Located in Thurlaston, just 20 minutes drive south-west of Leicester, Poacher’s is beautifully situated opposite a stunning Norman church right in the heart of the village. Our recently refurbished restaurant and bar area offers a dining experience with a difference, serving high quality locally sourced food and a superb selection of international beers, wines and spirits. 16th century to the front elevation and 21st century to the rear combine to offer a relaxing mix of old and contemporary.
NORTH WARWICKSHIRE AND HINCKLEY COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by North Warwickshire & South Leicestershire College
Jacob Davies email@example.com
- Commis chef level 2 standard (workplace based)
- Function skills maths and English (if required)
- Employer will provide additional training including food and hygiene qualifications
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.