Help Desk Administrator Apprenticeship UK NATIONAL LIMITED
Working on the Help Desk within our Head Office based in Eaglescliffe, Stockton on Tees you will be providing support to our skilled engineers and the rest of our team to help the business run smoothly.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Nov 2021
10 Jul 2021
Level 3 (A level)
We are looking for someone with an excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly, Excel and Word, with previous office experience ideally in a service based environment.
The role would suit an enthusiastic individual with great communication and telephone skills, a high level of attention to detail, and the ability to effectively prioritise tasks in order to meet tight deadlines.
Some of the duties will include:
- Allocation of jobs to engineers work diary’s via system including both planned maintenance tasks and reactive work orders to suitably skilled engineers in line with client SLA's
- Keep updated with reactive work orders and find a resolution in a timely manner
- Updating of internal & external systems
- Liaising with clients, suppliers, & contractors via email & telephone resolving any queries
- Ensure that Planned maintenance is carried out to all building plant, equipment and systems to meet and exceed expectations and agreed service level agreements in accordance with SFG 20 minimum
- Provide support to the technical department in relation to basic quotation returns and the purchasing of routine goods and services
- Compliance check all jobs documentation once the job has been completed to ensure all client requirements have been met
- Check that all documentation on the sales orders is accurate for the costing clerk to bill against
- Ensure Method Statements and Risk Assessments for all works are prepared and issued to relevant job packs
- Check subcontractors accreditation and ensure that they comply with contractual commitments and site operating processes and in line with UK National standards of work and certification
- Work with colleagues developing good working relationships with all members of staff
- General business admin duties; answering telephone, emails, updating of spreadsheets & mgmt systems, photocopying, printing, filing away both hard copies & electronically etc.
Requirements and prospects
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent IT skills (especially Outlook and Excel)
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Good telephone manner
- Attention to detail will be a key part of this role
- Being able to work on your own initiative is essential
- Able to work independently and integrate into an established team
- Have a desire to learn and develop administrative skills
- Able to work under pressure
- Have a positive attitude
- Be a good team player
- Have a desire to learn
- GCSE Maths & English A-C/9-4 or equivalent
- The successful candidate may have the opportunity to become an integral team member, developing knowledge and understanding of the company
Things to consider
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
UK National Ltd is a family owned commercial building maintenance and facilities management organisation.
STOCKTON RIVERSIDE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Stockton Riverside College
Anna Harper 07436 795883 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 3 Business Administration
- Functional skills maths & English, where applicable
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.