Hospitality Commis Chef - Burrito Artist and Catering Assistant Apprenticeship The Burrito Kitchen Ltd
An exciting opportunity to join Burrito Kitchen a fast-growing Mexican food outlet at Intu Merry Hill. We are looking for an enthusiastic, happy, motivated apprentice to join our team.
Closing date: 24 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
01 Nov 2021
12 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
- To help prepare food for Burrito Kitchen and serve our customers
- To assist in opening the unit, preparing products for sale to our customers
- Receiving goods and deliveries: correctly by accurately checking against delivery notes. Checking for infestation and damaged boxes and ensuring correct temperatures for various foods for storage according to company guidelines
Cooking of Food:
- Marinating our meat, cooking in accordance with company guidelines, chopping and/or shredding ready for serving to customers
- Making our famous salsas from scratch and keeping the recipes top secret
- Cleaning and Hygiene: Pot washing following company Health and Safety procedures for sharp objects and machinery. Safe and correct disposal of waste when shutting down the unit
- Closing down the unit: Shutting down of the unit should be done correctly and safely. Ensuring all units are cleaned thoroughly with company detergents at the end of the da (With hot water, detergents, sanitiser and degrease for floors, surfaces and fridges and vinegar spray for glass surfaces and displays)
- Tills: The use of tills and credit card machine should be as described in training unless otherwise stated by management
- Keep up to date with relevant training and development. For example, seeking to learn new menus
Requirements and prospects
- To be able to respond responsibly to requests from management and remain flexible in terms of covering work shifts
- To use your initiative at all times but especially when the unit is quiet. Keeping on top of duties by doing extra and being attentive, for example, cleaning as you go
- A fun, friendly, happy person
- To be clean and smart with excellent personal hygiene at all times. This is essential as it is fundamental to the delivery of excellent customer service
- To be punctual and able to follow correct company procedures. Whenever you are absent, ensure cover can be arranged in time
- To deliver excellent customer service at all times. Smiling and being polite in all situations
- Confident, willing to learn, honest
No qualifications are desired.
We will seek to employ the apprentice on a full-time basis after the apprenticeship has finished.
Things to consider
When fully trained could be working solo, opening and closing the kitchen.
About the employer
Burrito Kitchen is a fast growing Mexican food outlet at Merry Hill shopping centre.
The Burrito Kitchen Ltd
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Dudley College of Technology
Julie Perks 01384 363314 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Full training will be provided on an ongoing daily basis and when required
- You will be required to attend college premises 1 day a week working towards an NVQ Level 2 Professional Cookery qualification
- An assessor will be allocated to you to progress/help you through your course. Continual assessment for NVQ’s coupled with assignments/or exams depending on the course of study
- Time spent training will be part of the agreed contracted hours of the working week
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.