Care Worker Apprentices Gainford Care Homes Limited
To deliver outstanding care to our residents alongside other care staff plus seniors or nurses. Taking pride in the treatment of patients and making their experience as comfortable and happy as possible. Complete daily notes and other necessary documentation.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
08 Nov 2021
09 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
At Lindisfarne Seaham we pride ourselves on the care we provide for our residents. As a care worker, you will be involved in the following duties;
- Promote and maintain independence within the supported living environment.
- Support with daily living skills including personal care. This could mean helping the residents move around, helping with meal times, helping with personal hygiene.
- Support the delivery of a person centred care plan which will include tasks such as managing personal finances, accessing community and educational and employment facilities.
- Undertake accurate reporting to support the care planning process.
- Dealing with family of residents and visitors in a professional manner.
- Complete daily notes and other necessary documentation.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Team player
- Good organisational skills
- Any previous care experience would be advantageous but not essential as everything will be taught.
- Hard working
- Friendly / approachable
GCSE (or equivalent) grade A-C in Maths and English would be advantageous but not essential. There are minimum entry requirements for the apprenticeship programme, and you will be assessed on English and Maths at interview.
Progression in your role, training and going on to complete further qualifications. Once the apprenticeship is complete, salary will rise to £9 per hour.
About the employer
Lindisfarne Seaham is a purpose-built care home that specialises in general nursing and residential care, along with the specialist care of those suffering from Dementia.
This spacious residence consists of 61 ensuite bedrooms, which can be personalised to suit individual tastes, as well as six comfortable and homely lounges. Each lounge is designed to accommodate all residents’ daily requirements and includes facilities such as 50” plasma televisions, quiet lounges and sensory lounges. Lindisfarne Seaham also offers a male-only unit.
Outside of the home are safe, landscaped gardens where residents can grow their own flowers or sit and relax in the scenic seating areas.
The nutritious meals that are served in the dining area are fully cooked on site by qualified chefs who can cater for special dietary requirements. Residents’ families are always welcome to join at mealtimes.
Lindisfarne Seaham also boasts a hair and beauty salon, library facilities and full laundry service, as well as daily activities run by our fully trained staff.
EAST DURHAM COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by East Durham College
Emma Norbury 0191 5185587 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 2 Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship Standard
- Maths and English Functional Skills if required - if not required, Maths and English upskill will still be provided but you do not need to sit an exam.
- Preparation for End Point Assessment.
Adult care worker
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.