Care Worker Apprentices Gainford Care Homes Ltd
To deliver outstanding care to our residents alongside other care staff plus seniors or nurses. Taking pride in the treatment of patients and making their experience as comfortable and happy as possible. Complete daily notes and other necessary documentation.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
08 Nov 2021
09 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
At Glenbrooke House we pride ourselves on the care we provide for our residents. As a care worker, you will be involved in the following duties;
- Promote and maintain independence within the supported living environment.
- Support with daily living skills including personal care. This could mean helping the residents move around, helping with meal times, helping with personal hygiene.
- Support the delivery of a person centred care plan which will include tasks such as managing personal finances, accessing community and educational and employment facilities.
- Undertake accurate reporting to support the care planning process.
- Dealing with family of residents and visitors in a professional manner.
- Complete daily notes and other necessary documentation.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Team player
- Good organisational skills
- Any previous care experience would be advantageous but not essential as everything will be taught.
- Hard working
- Friendly / approachable
GCSE (or equivalent) grade A-C in maths and English would be advantageous but not essential. There are minimum entry requirements for the apprenticeship programme, and you will be assessed on English and maths at interview.
Progression in your role, training and going on to complete further qualifications. Once the apprenticeship is complete, salary will rise to £9 per hour.
About the employer
Glenbrooke House is located in the quiet residential area of Low Fell, just outside of Newcastle city centre. The home provides long-term residential care to adults who have learning and physical disabilities.
Housing ten private bedrooms, each with a nurse call system, an en-suite and entertainment system, Glenbrooke House provides a homely, comfortable atmosphere for all of its guests.
All residents are encouraged to maintain their own lifestyle choices, in addition to participating in the running of the home. Glenbrooke House runs a regular programme of activities to encourage residents to develop their own individual skills and lifestyles. This includes employment or training and a calendar of social events. Located close to many local amenities, Glenbrooke House residents are offered the option to expand their social and recreational skills by visiting nearby pubs, clubs, shops, library and churches. Glenbrooke House offers all of the facilities associated with a modern care home, including DVD players and games consoles.
A team is on-site 24 hours a day and work closely with all residents to ensure that they receive the best care, support and encouragement appropriate to their individual needs and wishes.
EAST DURHAM COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by East Durham College
Emma Norbury 0191 5185587 email@example.com
- Level 2 Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship Standard
- Maths and English Functional Skills if required - if not required, Maths and English upskill will still be provided but you do not need to sit an exam.
- Preparation for End Point Assessment.
Adult care worker
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.