Apprentice Adult Care Worker CROWN CARE IX LIMITED
Our Crown Care Homes are “family owned and operated” for over 30 years. We are very proud of retaining our unique, dedicated, caring, family values running through all our Care Home Services and within all areas of the daily management. We are looking to employ and Adult care worker apprentice to join our team.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
19 Nov 2021
10 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Our Crown Care Homes are “family owned and operated” for over 30 years. We are very proud of retaining our unique, dedicated, caring, family values running through all our Care Home Services and within all areas of the daily management.
As experienced operators we fully understand the importance of having close relationships and oversight of our Crown Care Homes across England; as well as with all our Crown Care family, friends and their local communities. We are recognised in the Sector for being a well-established Provider of High-Quality Care Services and Developers of State-of-the-Art, Luxurious, Care Home Registered Services.
Kensington Care home is located in the heart of Northallerton and we are looking for a caring person to join the team and want someone who is committed to providing high quality, person centred care.
Responsible to: Home Manager and Senior Care Assistants.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
- To assist in the provision of high quality care to all residents as part of the care team in a safe manner.
- To work with other staff in meeting the personal care needs of clients in a way that respects the dignity of the individual and promotes independance.
- To help in the care of the clients’ physical environment and in the general day-to-day activities of the home.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Genuine interest in working within a caring environment with elderly people
- Commit to and complete the requirements of the apprenticeship
- Ability to communicate effectively with residents and work colleagues
- Satisfactory DBS Check and two references
- Ensure the highest possible levels of care are maintained by supporting/assisting Clients, when required with washing, bathing, toileting, dressing, undressing and all other aspects of daily living. Ensure that clients retain their dignity and comfort at all times.
- Assist clients who have limited mobility or other physical/mental impairments such as incontinence by making the best use of aids and personal equipment provided.
- Help to promote the mental and physical activity of Clients by talking to them, taking them out, sharing with them in activities such as arts & crafts, reading, writing and singing etc.
- Assist in the promotion of continence at all times.
- Join in with all daily activities as instructed by the Manager and Senior Carers. Make activity times as enjoyable and inclusive as possible in order to stimulate the Clients.
- Make and change beds, ensuring that rooms are clean and tidy and commodes are empty in line with the homes disposal of waste policy. Carry out any light cleaning as instructed.
- Answer the Nurse Call System, giving assistance as required. Answer the door and telephone appropriately, greet visitors, respond accordingly and pass on all messages promptly.
- Make all visitors feel welcome. Provide refreshements/assistance as and when required.
Requirements and prospects
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Willingness to learn on the job
- Team player
- Kind and caring individual
- Interest in working with the elderly
- Commitment to completing all training required for the role
GCSE Grades 4-9 (A*-C) or equivalent in Maths and English
Learner could progress to:
- Full time employment upon completion of Level 2 apprenticeship or progress to a Level 3 apprenticeship.
- After gaining NVQ level 3 in Health and Social Care you would be able to apply to university in order to pursue a career pathway in your chosen healthcare field. Crown Care Group are committed to actively support with application to university level.
- Opportunity for internal promotion and development to senior care assistant level, and on to more senior care home management that will be commensurate with your experience and qualifications gained and capability displayed, as you develop in your healthcare career pathway.
Things to consider
Please ensure you live within a commutable distance to the company
Offers will be subject to a fully Enhanced DBS check and suitable references
About the employer
Kensington Care home is located in the heart of Northallerton and we are looking for a caring person to join the team and want someone who is committed to providing high quality, person centred care
CROWN CARE IX LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Derwentside College
Apprenticeship Recruitment Team 01207 585 914 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 2 Adult Care Standard
Adult care worker
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.