Apprentice Medical Administrator Parkside Surgery
Prestige Medical Group is a well-established GP Practice in Burnley serving around 15,000 patients. We are seeking to recruit 2 apprentices to join our team. Having previously mentored apprentices you can be confident that our learners are fully supported throughout their studies.
Closing date: 29 Nov 2021
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
30 Nov 2021
09 Jul 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Duties will involve:
- To work using own initiative whilst maintaining a good awareness of the limitations of the role
- To pass informative messages to all members of the practice team, both employed and attached in a timely manner
- To seek and accept help in order to achieve the most appropriate outcomes to requests from patients
- To liaise with secondary care providers
- To attend meetings as required, making arrangements to cover personal commitments if necessary
- To establish and maintain filing systems to ensure that written information is easily accessible
- To assist in the gathering of statistics and data as required
- To participate in the maintenance and upkeep of the building e.g. tidying the waiting area, preparing drinks, and washing up, closing, and opening the building and securing the premises at the end of the day
- To ensure that the telephone system's night service is correct before closing the premises
- To perform any other administrative task appropriate to the post holder's level of training, and in accordance with the role
Please note: The role is likely to develop in line with NHS changes, therefore the candidate must expect to participate in service modernisation throughout the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Eager to become a team player
- Ability to apply yourself without distractions
- Interested in delivering excellent customer service
- Willing to follow instructions and complete tasks fully
- Ability to generate a professional approach to daily work
- Ability to apply theoretical knowledge to practice situations
- Ability to work under own initiative whilst understanding own limitations
- Ability to undertake additional learning to support information governance
- Confidential approach to the use of personal data of patients and colleagues
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths, English, and a science.
The successful candidate will receive full support from practice staff to help them achieve their full potential in readiness for their future career.
The learner will be progressed at a pace appropriate to their learning. There will be the potential for permanent employment on successful completion of the apprenticeship.
About the employer
They are a busy town centre practice in Burnley serving a population of over 9900 patients. The doctors and staff work mainly out of their purpose-built surgery (Parkside) which opened in 2003 in a wing of the old Prestige factory on Colne Road. They also have a branch surgery (Foxcroft) on Pendle Way where they provide more limited services and opening hours.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Burnley College
Jessica Parkinson 01282 733005 email@example.com
Level 3 Business Administrator apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Full training will be provided on company procedures and systems, alongside guiding candidate through a Level 3 qualification in Business Administration.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.