Apprentice Upholsterer Lebus Upholstery Ltd
We wish to recruit an enthusiastic apprentice to join our upholstery team. The successful candidate will be trained in all aspects of upholstery through WEBS structured training programme as well as on the job training. You will learn practical skills and techniques.
Closing date: 30 Nov 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 38.50
Possible start date
24 Dec 2021
09 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Learning all aspects and skills required to create upholstered furniture:
- Frame making
- Pattern making
- Understanding fabrics
- Use of filling materials
- Use of various suspensions, fixing of trimmings
- Understanding legislative and regulations pertaining to the upholstery industry including Health and Safety
- Using all the above to create finished furniture
Requirements and prospects
- Manual dexterity
- A good problem solver that can think clearly and adapt your skills
- Have good attention to detail
- Good time management
- Being dexterous
- Able to work within a team environment, but also show individual strengths
- None required, however, the successful candidate will work towards their Functional Skills in both maths and English if they have not achieved prior or have an equivalent
- Advanced Apprenticeship in Modern Upholstery, traditional Upholstery, Supervision or Furniture design and Prototyping
- Progression within the organisation to include more responsibility and wider range of production work
- Applicants on successful completion of the apprenticeship will normally be offered a position in the company as an upholsterer. Further progress will depend on the person’s suitability for any other job role or promotion. Lebus is a progressive forward thinking company which likes to promote within
About the employer
Lebus Upholstery, which was established in 1840, has become one of the largest furniture manufacturers of UK produced upholstery, based in North Lincolnshire. We have a modern purpose-built 250,000 square feet factory supplying a wide range of furniture retailers across the UK and Ireland.
The present site is over 5.5 acres and is probably the largest one-site operation of its kind in the country. A dedicated workforce, coupled with a strong forward thinking management team, ensures that all Lebus products are designed and manufactured to the highest possible standards.
All frames are made in-house from selected seasoned hardwoods and composite materials with all joints glued, screwed and pinned for triple strength and long lasting rigidity.
We create all of our own exclusive designs using both in-house and freelance designers. This, coupled with investment in the latest computer technology and our own foam and fibre manufacturing facilities, ensures that quality control and efficiency go hand in hand to give our customers the very best quality at the very best value for money prices.
WEBS TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Webs Training Ltd
Jennie Jarvis 01159677771 email@example.com
Furniture Manufacturer level 2.
During your apprenticeship programme, you will receive training both off and on the job. You will be required to attend WEBS Training on a block release basis which is 5x per year here at WEBS Training in Nottingham, this is organised and paid for by your employer, the rest of the time you will be within the workplace. You will learn the underpinning knowledge that runs alongside your practical elements of the training. You will use a wide range of techniques whilst you complete a practical project.
WEBS Training aim to build on the skills you already have so you reach your full potential both personally and professionally.
Training will be provided in all areas of furniture manufacturing to ensure you are capable of creating practical and bespoke furniture using both traditional and modern techniques and materials to produce aesthetically pleasing and fit for purpose products.
If you have already achieved GCSE maths and English at Grade 4/C or above or have equivalent qualifications, you will be exempt from undertaking Functional Skills, however, English and maths support will be provided for all apprentices throughout the length of their programme.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.