Teaching Assistant Apprentice Level 3 Springhead Park Primary School
To work under instruction and guidance of the Nursery Lead Practitioner. To supervise groups of children, lead activities and prepare the provision to support children with their learning, success, and progress.
Closing date: 13 Nov 2021
Total hours per week: 32.50
Possible start date
06 Dec 2021
09 Jul 2021
Level 3 (A level)
- Build excellent relationships with children and staff
- Prepare and maintain an engaging and purposeful learning environment in collaboration with Nursery Lead Practitioner
- Prepare, maintain, and use resources required to meet learning intentions and specific needs
- Ensure children’s safety at al times by adhering the school policies and procedures (including medical and intimate care)
Job Activities to include:
- Supervision and provision of support for pupils, including those with additional needs ensuring their safety
- Encouraging pupils to interact appropriately with others and engage in school activities
- Supervise and assist with medical/toileting needs as required
- Set challenging and demanding expectations and promote independence and self-esteem in like line with school policies
- Establish constructive relationships with pupils and interact with them according to individual needs, promoting inclusion
- Help create maintain a purposeful, orderly, and supportive environments that children understand which resources are available and how to engage with them
- Promote excellent pupil behaviour, dealing promptly with incidents and carers Abd other staff and partners involved with the school
- Attend weekly meetings and discussions which contribute to t overall aims of the school
Requirements and prospects
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Working with or caring for children of a similar age
- Worked or volunteered with children in a similar setting
- Effective use of ICT and relevant technologies
- Basic understanding of child development
- An understanding of relevant policies and procedures
- An understanding of Early Years curriculum and other learning strategies
- Ability to work under supervision and independently
- Ability to relate well to children
- Ability to work constructively as part of a team
- Ability to follow own initiative in preparing activities
GCSE maths and English Grades 9-4 / A*-C or equivalent.
Early Years Certificate desirable though not essential.
A permanent position may be on offer on completion of the apprenticeship.
Things to consider
This is a Teaching Assistant role in a Primary School Setting.
The role is during Term Time Only.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
At Springhead Park Primary School we believe that to succeed in school and beyond, children should love to learn, be inspired to reach their full potential and feel empowered to make a positive impact on the world around them- whether upon their local community or the further afield. To achieve this, our dedicated staff will set the highest of standards whilst at the same time providing a nurturing and encouraging climate for all children, regardless of their background or circumstance.
The school ethos will be underpinned by the Primary First Trust’s values of Adventure, Excellence and Creativity.
We will ensure that through an experiential and meaningful curriculum, children will achieve excellent academic standards and understand how to their skills and knowledge can be used and applied. Children’s learning will not be restricted to the classroom, but be brought to life through a thematic curriculum offering vast opportunities for enrichment, such as inspirational visits, community improvement initiatives, regular use of technology and a hands-on, practical approach to teaching. Our exceptional, purpose built facilities enable us to offer all of our children the best sporting, music, computing, performing arts and outdoor learning experiences possible. Every child will have an opportunity to follow their individual talents and interests, enabling them to thrive.
It is important to us that our children become determined, polite and empathetic citizens of our school and the community. Our children will leave Springhead Park Primary and make their world a better place.
BROMLEY COLLEGE OF FURTHER AND HIGHER EDUCATION
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Bromley College of Further & Higher Education
Apprenticeship Team 020 3954 4965 email@example.com
Training Provider: BROMLEY COLLEGE OF FURTHER AND HIGHER EDUCATION
On programme Training:
- Level 3 Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship Standard
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English
- Institute of Apprenticeship Certificate
- Practical observation with questions & answers
- Professional discussion supported by a portfolio of evidence
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.