Motor Vehicle Apprentice Level 3 Days Garage
Apprentices will start by watching and assisting experienced motor vehicle technicians, and MOT testers. Keeping workshop areas clean, collecting and returning parts from reception area, with progression to completing mechanical tasks under supervision and then independently.
Closing date: 13 Nov 2021
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
13 Dec 2021
09 Jul 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Days Garage are actively looking for an apprentice to train as a motor vehicle technician.
Apprentices will start by watching and assisting experienced motor vehicle technicians, and MOT testers:
- Keeping workshop areas clean
- Collecting and returning parts from reception area
- Progression to completing mechanical tasks under supervision and then independently
- Physical capacity to do manual work – candidate will be on their feet most of the day, and must be capable of assisting in manual and sometimes physically demanding processes
Whichever type of vehicle you work with, typical tasks would include:
- Finding and identifying mechanical faults, for example in the brakes, gears or fuel pumps
- Checking for problems in newer vehicles with testing equipment connected to the vehicle’s electronic control unit (ECU)
- Advising owners on the repairs needed and how critical they are
- Providing time and cost estimates for jobs
- Carrying out repairs, which could include replacing damaged parts
- Carrying out routine servicing and checks
Requirements and prospects
- Good Communication
- Confident in answering phones
- Ability to order motor vehicle parts online
- Demonstrable interest and passion for working on motor vehicles
- Punctual and reliable
Maths and English GCSE Grades A*-D or 9-4 or equivalent.
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship there may be a permanent job on offer.
Things to consider
One Day College training (every week) for the whole duration of the apprenticeship (36 months) will be at our Bromley Campus BR2 8HE.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
For updates on the National Living Wage please see: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/national-living-wage-increase-to-protect-workers-living-standards
About the employer
Days Garage was founded by Mr John Day in 1957. Days Garage was established from a country garage in Merle Common Oxted. Originally repairing horse driven carts, times moved fast to servicing and repairing motor vehicles.
Ivor Stamp took over the business in 1976 and has built the business on his strong values of serving and supporting the local community. Offering a free local collection and delivery service, highly trained staff able to cope with all makes and model of vehicle and making sure all the garages are equipped with the very latest equipment and technology. Oxted garage is in walking distance to the local Hurst green station.
In the 1990s Days Garage had the opportunity to take over the garage in Hurst Green, Oxted. Predominantly a body shop back then, but now equipped with an MOT bay and new spray booth this is arguably one of our busiest sites. The Bodyshop is fast gaining an excellent reputation for its high standard of workmanship, and restoration of classic vehicles.
Inevitably Days Garage outgrew the small mechanical repair Merle Common premises. In the hunt for new premises in 2003 Days Garage took on extra premises in Godstone. However, in 2006 went on to take over another site in Edenbridge. With the help of a young enthusiastic team these garages are successful and well established in their own right.
BROMLEY COLLEGE OF FURTHER AND HIGHER EDUCATION
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Bromley College of Further & Higher Education
Apprenticeship Team 020 3954 4956 firstname.lastname@example.org
Training Provider: BROMLEY COLLEGE OF FURTHER AND HIGHER EDUCATION
On programme Training:
- Level 3 Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Apprenticeship Standard
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English
- EU’s 2014 F-gas regulation.
- Institute of Apprenticeship Certificate
- Apprentice Showcase
- Practical Observation
- Summative portfolio
Motor vehicle service and maintenance technician (light vehicle)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.