Care Worker Apprentices Gainford Care Homes Ltd
To deliver outstanding care to our residents alongside other care staff plus seniors or nurses. Taking pride in the treatment of patients and making their experience as comfortable and happy as possible. Complete daily notes and other necessary documentation.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
08 Nov 2021
09 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
At Lindisfarne Care Home we pride ourselves on the care we provide for our residents. As a care worker, you will be involved in the following duties;
- Promote and maintain independence within the supported living environment.
- Support with daily living skills including personal care. This could mean helping the residents move around, helping with meal times, helping with personal hygiene.
- Support the delivery of a person centred care plan which will include tasks such as managing personal finances, accessing community and educational and employment facilities.
- Undertake accurate reporting to support the care planning process.
- Dealing with family of residents and visitors in a professional manner.
- Complete daily notes and other necessary documentation.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Team player
- Good organisational skills
- Any previous care experience would be advantageous but not essential as everything will be taught.
- Hard working
- Friendly / approachable
GCSE (or equivalent) grade A-C in maths and English would be advantageous but not essential. There are minimum entry requirements for the apprenticeship programme, and you will be assessed on English and maths at interview.
Progression in your role, training and going on to complete further qualifications. Once the apprenticeship is complete, salary will rise to £9 per hour.
About the employer
Lindisfarne Care Home provides specialist accommodation for the care of individuals with Dementia. With 53 bedrooms located across two floors, a choice of lounges and dining rooms, full wheelchair access and a large conservatory, residents will feel instantly at home.
The home is situated one mile from Chester le Street town centre in the residential area of Whitehills. Designed to meet the needs of residents with Dementia, reality orientation is actively promoted throughout the home. Lindisfarne Care Home has a full-time activities co-ordinator who actively encourages individual and group activities. There is also a games/activities room and offers a male-only unit.
Lindisfarne Care Home prides itself on its friendly, homely, open atmosphere and residents’ families are always welcome to visit at any time without prior arrangement.
A team of qualified nurses, carers and domestic staff run the home, which also has its own driver and handyman. All meals are cooked on-site using fresh produce, by chefs who are able to cater for individual dietary requirements. Residents’ families are always welcome to dine with their loved ones.
EAST DURHAM COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by East Durham College
Emma Norbury 0191 5185587 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 2 Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship Standard
- Maths and English Functional Skills if required - if not required, Maths and English upskill will still be provided but you do not need to sit an exam.
- Preparation for End Point Assessment.
Adult care worker
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.