Butcher Apprentice Abbey Road Traditional Butchers
You will be working within a well established Butcher shop with experienced Butchers. You'll gain the skills and knowledge putting you in a great position for a successful career in Butchery.
Closing date: 01 Nov 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Dec 2021
09 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Duties will include:
- Handling of cooked & raw meats including carcasses.
- Production of sausage making.
- Curing of pork products to make bacon.
- Hygiene is a big part of our everyday work so cleaning is a part of your general duties. Correct use of knifes.
- Food hygiene & all legal requirements.
- The job has many aspects so be prepared to learn lots of interesting things.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent customer service
- A good level of maths and english
- Health and safety knowledge
- Focused and determined
- Ability to cope well under pressure
- A strong desire to succeed
- Friendly and approachable
- An ambition to grow within the butchery trade
- A love for food and customer service
- Ideally you will have GCSEs maths & English, grades A-C, however full training will be provided if not.
- This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to take, as there is the option to progress to fully qualified Butcher & management opportunities.
Things to consider
- You will be working in a chilled environment, standing for long periods of time.
- You will be handling raw meat and lifting heavy objects.
About the employer
Traditional Retail butchers with a very good local reputation for selling high quality fresh & cooked meat. All products are sourced locally where possible. All our products are manufactured on site using traditional hand made methods. We have many experienced staff who can provide excellent training & product knowledge to each other and our customers. There has been a butchers shop on this site since the early 1800s & at one time in the village there was 6 butchers shops but now we are the only survivor.
Abbey Road Traditional Butchers
CROSBY MANAGEMENT TRAINING LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Crosby Management Training Ltd
Samantha Edwards 01902 837452 email@example.com
- Level 2 Apprenticeship in Butchery
- Level 2 Health & Safety
- Level 2 Knife Skills
- Level 1 maths and English (functional skills) if not already exempt
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.