Apprentice Hair Professional Sharp Cuts
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the team at Sharp Cuts Ltd for someone just starting their Level 2 Hair Professional qualification.
Closing date: 04 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 38.50
Possible start date
11 Oct 2021
10 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Duties will include:
- Reception (including booking appointments)
- Meeting and greeting clients and providing refreshments
- Advise and consult with clients
- Shampoo and condition the hair and scalp
- Change hair colour
- Style and finish hair
- Set and dress hair
- Cut hair using basic techniques
- Tidy and clean salon area as required
Until the candidate has passed the employers standards, they will not work on the client's hair.
Requirements and prospects
- Good customer service and communication skills are vital in this role
- You must be able to follow instructions with a methodical approach
- You must be organised and have good attention to detail
- Good co-ordination is vital for this role
- Helpful, friendly and an outgoing personality is essential
- Be able to think quick
- Willingness to go that extra mile and succeed
- A professional appearance and style are essential
- A desire to succeed and willing to learn
GCSEs at A*-C/9-4 grades in maths and English or equivalent qualifications are preferable.
Potential job offer upon completion.
About the employer
Welcome to Sharp Cuts Ltd, we are a second generation hairdressers in Wilsden village offering hairdressing at its very best. Established in 1968, Sharp Cuts Ltd is a trusted, five star reviewed hairdressers that provides a comprehensive range of hair services for both men and women. We are a professional Wella salon and a system professional authorised retailer, colour specialists and fully trained in the Nioxin product range.
The director, Debbie, has been hairdressing for 38 years, starting her career at a renowned training academy in London as well as the Wella Colour Academy in London. From there, Debbie gained a distinction qualification in Hairdressing by Bradford College, whilst competing in regional competitions she achieved the award of the best women's hairdresser in Yorkshire and Runner Up for the All England competition. She has experience as a stylist within a number of prestigious salons before finally joining formally Diane Jowett 32 years ago and taking over as Director in 2006.
Throughout that time, the salon has kept up to date with current trends whilst perfecting the traditional hair techniques.
Senior Stylist, Rebecca, has been at Sharp Cut Ltd for 28 years, a valuable member of the team she is a highly qualified hair stylist that has ensured she has kept up to date with the newest techniques in hairdressing.
Toby our talented junior stylist has been with us over a year, and is currently working towards his level 2 hairdressing qualification
LEEDS CITY COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Leeds City College
Saffron Khan 01535 685118 email@example.com
Mode of delivery: Day release at the Keighley Campus
The Apprenticeship standard comprises of:
- Work based assessment (NVQ Certificate QCF)
- Employee Responsibilities and Rights
- Personal Learning and thinking skills
- Functional Skills (project and tests)
- VTCT Diploma in Hair Professionals level 2
- Shampoo, condition and treat the hair and scalp
- Colour and lighten hair using a range of techniques
- Cut hair using a range of techniques to create a variety of looks
- Style and finish hair using a range of techniques to create a variety of looks
- Hair extensions
- Smooth and straighten hair
- Knowledge based element
No stand alone knowledge based qualification is required. The level 2 certificate for Hairdressing is a combined knowledge and competence qualification. An End Point Assessment will take place.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.