Apprentice Infrastructure Technician Education Partnership Trust
This vacancy is for an Apprentice Infrastructure Technician based in Blackburn, Lancashire. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to undertake valuable work experience whilst gaining on the job qualifications.
Closing date: 29 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
08 Nov 2021
09 Jul 2021
Level 3 (A level)
This vacancy is for an Apprentice Infrastructure Technician based in Blackburn, Lancashire.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to undertake valuable work experience whilst gaining on the job qualifications.
- Provide ICT support within the Central Office and provide ICT technical support to Trust schools
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- To work with the IT Manager to implement ICT strategies across the Trust
- Maintenance of the network infrastructure within the Central office and schools within the trust
- Manage and maintain all hardware and software including installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting
- To prepare specifications for, build, configure and install a wide variety of computer hardware and software
- Ensure robust business continuity systems are in place
- Ensure data stored on the system is current and out of date data is archived
- Manage and monitor all internet filtering, mobile device management and remote access for staff where appropriate
- Manage and maintain all network user accounts, ensuring correct access rights
- Respond to all staff requests for technical support
- Support Trust schools within the areas identified above when required
- Identify training needs
- Ensure an up to date electronic asset register is maintained of all ICT equipment
- Review and monitor SLA with IT provider and support with IT implementation
Knowledge, skills, and experience:
- Good knowledge of an office environment and experience in all aspects of ICT technical support
- Good level of IT Knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Conditions of employment:
- The above responsibilities are subject to the general duties and responsibilities contained in the written statement of conditions of employment (the contract of employment)
- To uphold the Trust’s policy in respect of child protection and safeguarding matters
- You shall be subject to all relevant statutory requirements as detailed in the most recent School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions Document
- The post holder is required to support and encourage the ethos and objectives, policies and procedures of the Trust and each academy as agreed by the Board of Directors and Local Governing Bodies
- This job description allocates duties and responsibilities but does not direct the particular amount of time to be spent on carrying them out and no part of it may be so constructed
- This job description is not necessarily a comprehensive definition of the post. It will be reviewed at least once a year and it may be subject to modification at any time after consultation with the post holder
- The post holder may be required to perform any other reasonable tasks as commensurate with the role
- All staff members are required to participate in the Trust’s agreed appraisal scheme
Requirements and prospects
- Logical and creative thinking skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective communication skills in a variety of situations
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to work independently and to take responsibility
A minimum of 4 GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) including English, maths, and a science or Technology is desirable. Other equivalent qualifications are acceptable.
As an experienced Infrastructure Technician, the future opportunities could be many and varied within many differing business environments.
Things to consider
Please do not contact the company directly.
We reserve the right to close any vacancies from further applications when we have received a suitable number of applications from which to make a shortlist.
Please ensure you apply ASAP if you wish to be considered for this role.
About the employer
At the Education Partnership Trust, our vision is to create outstanding schools which transform learning, lives, and communities.
We are united by our three key values:
- High Expectations of ourselves, our pupils, and our school community
- Commitment we are dedicated to raising standards and improving opportunities
- Ambition we constantly strive to improve by setting ourselves challenging goals
Education Partnership Trust
TRAINING 2000 LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Training 2000 Ltd
Amy Brierley 01254 54659
Level 3 Infrastructure Technician apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
As part of the Apprenticeship, the candidate will participate in 5 knowledge modules. These modules are:
- Networking and Architecture (1 of 4 possible unit choices)
- Mobile and Operating Systems (1 of 7 possible unit choices)
- Cloud Services (1 of 5 possible unit choices)
- Coding and logic (1 of 2 possible unit choices)
- Business Process (1 of 3-unit choices)
The choices will reflect the knowledge content of the job role.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.