Welding apprentice (level 2) Fabdec Ltd
Two welding apprentices required to gain knowledge of MIG and TIG welding techniques for fabrication work, linishing, metal finishing and carrying out secondary operations.
Closing date: 12 Feb 2023
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
08 Mar 2023
09 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
The company intends to recruit aspiring learners to gain knowledge of welding techniques for fabrication work including:
- MIG welding
- TIG welding
- Metal finishing
- Carrying out secondary operations
- Grinding - using bench and hand-held grinders
Welding operations are applied to manufacture stainless steel vessels, assembling parts, linishing of welded surfaces. You will produce a range of welded assemblies to include butt welds and fillet welds using both MIG and TIG on thin sheet and plate metal.
Requirements and prospects
- Mechanically minded and enthusiastic about manufacturing
- Previous experience of using hand tools and reading engineering drawings would be advantageous - but not essential
- Good attention to detail
- Good verbal and written communications
- Good maths skills
- Willing to learn and complete this training
- Able to absorb information
- GCSE grade C/4 as a minimum in English and maths
Full time position within the factory, further career development to become a senior fabrication welder. This could lead to individual progression into a managerial or technical route.
Things to consider
Training will include two days per week at college - at ITAS, based in Shrewsbury.
About the employer
Fabdec offers a comprehensive range of product technologies from milk parlour installations, heat transfer products, high quality hygienic stainless steel vessels which is done through product engineering and their manufacturing facilities.
IN-COMM TRAINING AND BUSINESS SERVICES LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by IN-COMM TRAINING ACADEMY SHROPSHIRE LIMITED
Sue Fisher 01922 457686
This is a level 2 Intermediate Welding Apprenticeship, delivered over 15 months. The successful candidate will be required to attend college 2 days per week as part of the training, which is based at ITAS in Shrewsbury.
The training will include:
- NVQ Level 2 in Welding
- Level 2 Technical Certificate
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
General welder (arc processes)
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.