Live Event Technician Apprenticeship Energy Generator Hire
We are looking for innovative and dynamic individuals with a keen willingness to explore all aspects of the Live Event Industry. There is a lot to learn, so you must have a proactive and positive mindset whilst working with our experienced teams to provide technical solutions for some of the UK’s biggest Live Events.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2021
Total hours per week: 45.00
(the hours are based on the candidate being over 18)
Possible start date
01 Oct 2021
08 Jul 2021
Level 3 (A level)
You will spend time working with our teams in Video, Audio, Lighting, Power, Plant, Haulage, Heating, Cooling and Projects. This will cover everything from installing, operating and repairing our enormous range of equipment through to assisting with planning and budgeting for some of our largest projects.
As a Live Event Technician, you will be expected to work both individually and as part of a larger production team. You should be capable of working with minimum supervision, taking responsibility for the quality and accuracy of the work that is undertaken. You will be proactive in finding solutions to problems and identifying areas for improving processes.
- The first year will see you experience a full season of Live Events ranging from our busy Summer season delivering Music Festivals and Sporting Events through to our Winter season of Ice Rinks, Winter Festivals and Corporate Events
- You will undertake a multitude of roles throughout your first year spending time both in the warehouse/yard and out on site with Energy Production Hire, Energy Generator Hire, Energy Plant Hire, Energy Generator Sales, Energy Haulage and Energy Heating & Cooling
- Year one will give you a comprehensive understanding of all aspects of the Live Event Industry with extensive time spent working out on site with our experienced teams of technicians
- Training - We will provide you with industry recognised training to operate equipment like: Telescopic Handlers, Forklifts, Cherry Pickers and Scissor Lifts. You will be able to put these skills to good use when working with our teams out on site
- At the end of year one we will undertake an assessment and using the information you give us, we will allocate you a position within one of the business groups for your second year
Requirements and prospects
- Computer literacy
- The ability to operate in a fast moving and dynamic environment with constantly changing requirements
- Driving licence (due to the nature of the role)
- The ability to read, write and speak the English Language
- Basic understanding of mathematics
- Excellent People Skills
- Ability to work autonomously under pressure and be decisive
- GCSE Grade 4/C or equivalent in maths and English ideal
- Future employment within one of the businesses within the Energy Group
Things to consider
- Please be aware this role can have working hours that are outside of the 8-5pm, as we will be running events
- Late nights and weekends can be expected as the season ramps up. In the Winter it can be wet, cold etc. so please be prepared for this too if we are working on events outside
About the employer
The Energy Group, a family business born from a passion for events and a dedication to customer service back in 2014, had humble beginnings starting out with just one generator but quickly grew to cover hire, sales & haulage. Now, less than a decade later, the group proudly sits as a well-respected market leader in specialist Event Infrastructure as well as covering a diverse range of other sectors like Construction, Film, Television, Military and Utilities.
Based on our exciting growth plans we are now recruiting three individuals to join our new apprenticeship scheme located at our Head Office in Aylesbury.
An average day for our technicians can range from something as small as the installation of a video projector in a conference room to as large as the full delivery of Audio, Lighting, Video, Generators, Electrical Distribution, Buggies and Plant equipment to a high-capacity music festival or sporting event.
ACCESS TO MUSIC LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Access to Music: Birmingham
Sarah Dodwell email@example.com
- Live Event Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard
- ABTT Bronze Award
- Functional Skills as required
Live event technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.