Business Administration Apprentice Level 3 Merritt & Co
This post will provide support and carry out administrative duties in a busy office. The successful candidate will follow set procedures and will exercise some independent judgment in carrying out instructions under general supervision and lone working.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
05 Nov 2021
08 Jul 2021
Level 3 (A level)
- Opening files on practice management system
- Carrying out initial checks on files
- Corresponding with clients and/or other law firms by e-mail, letter or telephone to maintain file progression
- Applying to Land Registry to register completed documents
- Scheduling completed documents and forwarding these to client
- Closing and archiving files and updating computer systems
- To undertake personal development and training commensurate with the responsibilities of the job
- Postal duties
- Ensuring that information is processed within timescales set
- Implementation of quality processes
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills both verbally and written
- Pleasant and competent telephone manner
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good IT and typing skills
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to learn and teach new systems/equipment
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Ability to work well as part of a team as well as individually
- Maintain high standard of work at all times
- Ability to follow instructions accurately
- Ability to adhere to and apply strict rules of confidentiality
- To be flexible and a genuine willingness to undertake any tasks which could reasonably be expected of someone in this capacity
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Attention to detail and good organisational skills
- Ability to follow instructions
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to use initiative when working independently or as part of a team
- IT Literate as will be using Word/Excel etc
- Excellent telephone manner
- Ability to multi task
- Enthusiastic and positive outlook
Must have GCSE’s in Maths and English or Functional Skills Level 2 (or the equivalent).
Excellent employment prospects for the right person.
Things to consider
This vacancy is to start immediately therefore you must be available to start before applying. The closing date, interview date and start date are subject to change. This vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received. Please ensure you apply early to avoid disappointment. Individuals are able to undertake an apprenticeship at a higher level than a qualification they currently hold, including any previously completed apprenticeships.
Individuals can also undertake an apprenticeship at the same level, or lower level than a qualification they already hold as long as the new apprenticeship allows for new skills to be acquired and the content of the training is materially different from any previous qualification or apprenticeship. For example, if you already have a Level 4 qualification you still may be able to complete an apprenticeship at any level providing you meet the eligibility criteria and are learning substantive new skills. Please note; if you have been progressed, you will be contacted to complete a telephone interview. Please expect to receive a call from us within 5 working days. Applicants must go through this telephone procedure for your application to be progressed.
Please be aware that as Northern Skills Group provide a recruitment matching service, we will also consider you for roles which pay the Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Meritts Solicitors are looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking individual to join their team as a Business Administration Apprentice. The successful candidate will work towards a Level 3 Apprenticeship in Business Administration.
Merritt & Co
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Northern Skills Group
- Level 3 qualification in Business Administration
- Technical Certificate
- Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT (where required)
- Day release class
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.