Dental Nursing Apprenticeship Level 3 The Poplars Dental Practice
The Poplars Dental Practice in Leeds are wanting a smart, hard working individual to come join their team. You will assist the dental team in many treatments such as bridges, dentures and Implants.
Closing date: 10 Dec 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
13 Dec 2021
08 Jul 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Dental Nurse. Your work will include
- Keep the clinical areas and all equipment and instruments clean, tidy, and sterile as appropriate and according to the practice’s health and safety and infection control procedures and manufacturers' instructions
- Use all equipment and machinery in accordance with manufacturers' recommendations and ensure that they are maintained regularly and in good working order
- Provide chairside assistance, ensuring that the correct equipment is available
- Ensure the care and welfare of patients
- Accurately complete patient clinical records as directed
- Handle all substances in accordance with health and safety policies
- Be familiar and comply with all health and safety rules and guidance, including PPE, COSHH, mercury handling, infection control, waste disposal etc
- Develop and file radiographs and change radiographic solutions as directed
- Complete laboratory request forms, keep records of work sent, received, and fitted
- Ensure adequate stocks of materials and other items within the surgery
- Order [OR ask the practice manager/receptionist to order] new stock supplies as necessary
- Ensure computer/written records are accurately maintained and securely stored
- Liaise with reception to ensure smooth patient communications and transfer of records
- Attend and participate in practice meetings
- Other duties as necessary for the efficient operation of the practice (perhaps including the duties and tasks of receptionist as required)
- Undergo training as may be required to develop skills and abilities
- Attend refresher and update training for medical emergencies and CPR
- Act in accordance with the practice rules and code of conduct
Where necessary work on reception
- Ensure that the Reception desk is organised in an efficient manner and patients are looked after during their visit to the practice.
- Answer the telephone in the prescribed manner
- Welcome all patients arriving at the practice
- Ensure that the appointment system is efficient and accurate
- Collect and record patient payments
Requirements and prospects
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Be able to provide chair-side assistance to dentists, therapist and hygienist
- Be confident setting up surgeries and in the decontamination of instruments
- Experience of Exact (SOE) dental system is preferred but not essential
- Reception experience and ability to commincate well with patients
The personal qualities we want you to express are:
- Demonstrate a positive outlook and reflective in your demeanour
- Must be enthusiastic about learning new skills
- Must have a desire to achieve greatness
- To take pride in what you do
- Be an effective communicator
4 GCSEs grades 9 - 4/A* - C including English and maths (or equivalent) are preffered
There are a range of post registration courses available for dental nurses looking to further their education. They may include a range of higher education qualifications or other work-related education and training to support continuing profession development such as Certificate in Dental Sedation Nursing, Certificate in Oral Health Education etc.
About the employer
Busy, family friendly newly purchased NHS practice, in Rodley, Leeds. Flexible start, in August if possible. Exciting chance to join a growing practice providing private services such as Invisalign and Quick Straight Teeth.
Monthly opportunity for overtime. Once qualified we provide a work-place pension, GDC registration, indemnity, CPD and on-going training. Salary is dependent on experience.
We have had trainees and apprentices over the last few years so are well placed to support through the qualification process.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by City Training Services
Tom Hughes 01274 728316 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 3 - Dental nurse standard
- Functional Skills if required
Competency qualification: Apprentices will be required to produce work and build an e-portfolio of evidence through blended learning which will include practical and written knowledge assessments which are carried out in the workplace.
Knowledge: Underpinning knowledge (Exam) will involve attending the classroom for a two hour exam and a programme of e-learning (any exam revision required will be undertaken in the classroom)
Dental laboratory assistant
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.