Maintenance Engineer Apprentice FSE Foundry Ltd
To assist the maintenance team in planned maintenance and breakdown repairs throughout the site (FSE Group, Braintree). The job is to ensure the smooth day to day running of the company wide machines and buildings. You will be based in Braintree; Essex and you will be directly answerable to the Maintenance Supervisor and Operations Manager.
Closing date: 04 Oct 2021
£232.05 - £320.19
Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
18 Oct 2021
10 Jul 2021
Level 3 (A level)
As part of this role you will be required to study towards the Engineering Technician (Mechatronics Maintenance Pathway) Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard at Colchester Institute. College attendance for this course will be 1 day per week at the Colchester Campus.
The Role - FSE/AATi (part of the Finch Seaman Enfield Group - FSEG). Due to continued expansion, business growth and investment in training the company are looking to strengthen their technical team. A position is available within the workshop at FSEG for an apprentice engineer.
To assist in production engineering (FSE Group, Braintree).You will be based in Braintree; Essex and you will be directly answerable to the FSEG Supervisor and Directors.
Key Responsibilities: Various engineering tasks to maintain the site including
- Repairs to tools and machines
- Regular maintenance
Day to Day Contacts -
- Mr Robin Oxborough – Director
- Mr Fraser Smith – Commercial Manager
- Mr Ben Hart – Operations Manager
- Mr Piotr Kaminski – Maintenance Supervisor
Requirements and prospects
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good team work skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail is key
- The ability to use your own initiative when required
- Suitable applicants should be interested in a career within a manufacturing/engineering company
- Willing to work hard
- Excellent time keeping
- The ability to work well as part of a team
- Hobbies/interests in engineering/mechanical advantageous
- Essential: GCSE's grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent in English and maths
- Desirable: Engineering or similar qualifications are advantageous
All candidates will be required to complete Colchester Institute's mandatory initial assessment process before being put forward to the company. This will consist of online assessments and interview with the relevant department.
- Due to continued business growth, investment in a new factory and machinery has been necessary to fulfil demand. This has meant training for existing staff is required as the company now embraces these changes in production techniques
- The company (FSEG) believes in investing in apprentices is an essential long-term requirement to ensure the skills required are in place for future needs
- The company are looking to strengthen their technical team for the future and the right candidates who commit to a long-term career with the company will gain opportunities for further education/training after successfully completing an apprenticeship
- Further education/training will be based on requirements of the company and positions that may become available
Things to consider
Wages explained: The company has a pay structure commensurate with age, qualifications and experience for the first year of the apprenticeship. This is reviewed at appropriate times and increases as experience and qualifications are gained.
- Age 16-18 £5.95 to £6.55/hr
- Age 19-20 £6.84 to £7.14/hr
- Age 21-24 £7.70 to £8.21/hr
- In addition, there is a variable monthly team bonus based on productivity/sales (although not guaranteed)
- The products manufactured can be heavy (up to 25kgs)
- Some of the manufacturing processes are very dirty
- Is the location accessible by public transport? Yes (nearby, but a short walk will be required)
- There may be overtime offered where required but this will only be given to applicants ages 18+ due to the fact under 18s cannot work more than 40 hours per week
- Colchester Institute - Apprenticeship Team manage the applications to this role and you will be required to complete our initial assessment process before your application gets sent onto the employer
- Please be advised that the closing date for this role could be brought forward or extended if this vacancy receives a high number or low number of applicants and/or the company recruit before the closing date
- Whilst there are possible closing and start dates should you be available earlier this can be negotiated with the employer
About the employer
FSE Foundry (FSEG) supply cast metal products mainly to the engineering and construction sectors. Based in Braintree, Essex the company buildings approx. size is 27,000 ft²
FSE manufacture cast metal products in various metals including copper, cooper-based alloys, aluminium alloys, a range a cast iron grades, SG iron, NiHard etc. FSE manufacture (cast) the anti-slip stair nosings and other associated products for AATi.
FSE Foundry Ltd
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Colchester Institute
Colchester Institute - Apprenticeship Team 01206 712043 firstname.lastname@example.org
All delivered within the work place via online training and at Colchester Institute Campus. Candidates will undertake the Engineering Technician Level 3 apprenticeship standard.
All apprentices will be required to achieve as a minimum:
- An employer approved Level 2 Foundation Competence qualification
- An employer approved Level 3 Development Competence qualification
- An employer approved Level 3 Development Technical Knowledge qualification
- Apprentices without Level 2 English and maths will need to achieve this level prior to taking end point assessment
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.