Supply Chain Operative Apprentice Voestalpine Bohler Welding Uk Ltd
This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to be trained, to learn and understand how to provide first class customer service within a warehouse environment. Your apprenticeship will encompass all warehouse based duties, you will support the Shift Team Members and Sales Divisions at all times.
Closing date: 27 Nov 2021
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
28 Nov 2021
08 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
This is a varied role, plenty of duties and opportunities to learn new skills and showcase your customer service qualities. With training and commitment from the team you will be competent over time and have the opportunity to possible become permanent.
Your duties will include;
- To accurately pick the products according to the sales order requirements
- To accurately provide cut products, exactly in line with customer wishes both internal and external
- Take personal responsibility that goods are being despatched correctly and in a timely manner
- Taking into account the priorities set by customer requirements, ensure that goods are received correctly and in a timely manner
- Ensure paperwork is correctly completed and passed through to the relevant area
- Understand the importance of the Quality, Health & Safety and Environmental Standards we must adhere to and the cost of not doing so
- Ensure your area of work is clean and tidy, champion 5S
- You must be flexible and be available as an additional resource as required for other areas of the warehouse / business
- Carry out any other duties as reasonably requested by your Supervisor or Operations Management
- Follow the training you received when using any work items given to you
- Take reasonable care of your own and other people’s health and safety
- Co-operate with your employer on health and safety
- Tell someone (supervisor, or health and safety representative) if you think the work or
- inadequate precautions are putting anyone’s health and safety at serious risk.
- Support the company with environmental initiatives and any compliance issues
Requirements and prospects
- Must be able to demonstrate that they are a good Team Player and if necessary work on your own initiative
- Be flexible and able to work overtime when necessary to meet the business needs
- Pays attention to detail and shows determination and commitment to succeed.
- The ability to work under pressure
- Good communication skills
- Enthusiastic and motivated
- Good attention to detail
- Good team member
- Good time keeper
GCSE maths and English Level 4/C or equivalent
Hopefully leading to a full time job for the right candidate.
Things to consider
Your role will be mainly based within a warehouse environment, although you may be travelling to visit other companies or to attend training, meetings and conferences.
Multi-tasking and attention to detail in a fast paced environment is essential so please ensure when you are applying that these are skills you have considered
About the employer
Voestalpine High performance metals UK is a subsidiary of the Voestalpine Group, located in Oldbury in the West Midlands. This role is in the Aerospace division of High Performance Metals UK and a market leader of Specialty Steels. The market is very technically demanding (all training provided) and we offer value added services from Oldbury for services like, machining, milling, testing and additive manufacturing.
Voestalpine Bohler Welding Uk Ltd
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by The Apprenticeship Works
Supply Chain Operative Level 2
Supply chain operator
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.