Accident Repair Technician Apprentice Motor Bodies Weston Limited
Do you want a dynamic and exciting career in the automotive industry? Motor Bodies Weston are offering a fantastic opportunity for an Apprentice Accident Repair Technician to join their busy bodyshop in Weston-super-Mare. Learning how to provide industry leading repair services to clients and provide them with support during the repair process.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
15 Nov 2021
07 Jul 2021
Level 3 (A level)
The comprehensive programme provides you with an exciting and challenging opportunity to achieve formal qualifications through extensive training, while in full-time employment.
A Multi-Skilled Vehicle Accident Repair Technician repairs all elements of a vehicle after it has taken some type of collision damage. This will involve learning the skills required to take an accident damaged vehicle through various stages of repair to the pre-accident condition.
These fall into three main areas of skills training:
- MET-Mechanical, Electrical & Trim. Candidates will learn strip and refit processes of all main vehicle systems including air conditioning, vehicle alignment and Hybrid & Electric vehicle systems
- Panel-repair. Candidates will learn to repair bodywork by replacing panels, filling defects and carrying out techniques such as welding, bond and riveting and correcting misalignment
- Paint-surface repair. Candidates will learn how to prepare surfaces and carry out paint refinishing through the following techniques; sealing, masking, priming, application of base coat & lacquer, repairing defects and polishing
Duties will include:
- Accurately and skilfully undertake all aspects of the motor vehicle body repair.
- Detect and diagnose any additional faults for further repair
- Working under direct supervision at all times to achieve full competence and qualification
- Ensure all work is completed safely and complies with manufacturer and British Standard industry guidelines
- Any other ad hoc duties and when required
Requirements and prospects
- Manual skills
- Eager to learn
- Team work
- Mechanically minded
- Interest in the body shop environment
- Keen interest in the automotive industry
4 GCSEs at A*-D/9-3 including maths and English Language or equivalent.
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, the role holder will could progress to full-time employment with the company.
About the employer
Motor Bodies Weston was established in 1997 by its current owner and is celebrating 20 years in the accident repair business this year. We have swiftly earned a reputation for carrying out premier vehicle repairs on both prestigious and mainstream vehicles in Weston Super Mare, Somerset and the South West.
At our 3 workshop sites in Weston Super Mare, Somerset we carry out expert vehicle repairs on all makes and models of cars, light commercial vehicles and caravan and motorhome repairs at competitive rates.
We work alongside the UK’s leading vehicle manufacturers, insurers, local dealerships and accident management companies, as well as private vehicle owners.
With our much valued BSI Kitemark accreditation and manufacturer approvals for Vehicle Damage Repair, we can ensure services of the highest standards.
Motor Bodies Weston Limited
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Nottingham College
Nottingham College Apprenticeship Team
The programme for the Multi-Skill Accident Repair Apprenticeship incorporates underpinning knowledge delivered in partnership and managed by EMTEC College.
- Multi-Skill Accident Repair Standard - Level 3
- Apprentices will be required to have or achieve level 1 English and maths and to have taken level 2 English and maths tests prior to completion of their apprenticeship
Regular review and welfare visits from appointed assessors who will observe all evidence opportunities that occur naturally in the workplace.
Accident repair technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.