Apprentice Dental Nurse (integrated) Standard David Gill
This is a fantastic opportunity to progress into an exciting dental career. We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic individual to work alongside the dentist. Duties will include assisting in the provision and delivery of dental care to patients, reception duties and decontamination/sterilising in the surgery.
Closing date: 05 Nov 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
08 Nov 2021
07 Jul 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Your daily activities could include:
- Follow practice policies and procedures
- Establish, promote and maintain productive working relationships with all members of the dental team
- Liaise with the practice manager on all matters concerning administration, pay and service conditions
- Assist with reception and clerical duties as required
- Take reasonable care of your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by your own work
- Responsible for infection control procedures, setting up and preparing the dental surgery at the start of the day, managing infection control between patients and closing at the end of the day, including cleaning and sterilising instruments and equipment
- Set up and prepare the treatment room appropriately for each patient
- Assist in taking radiographs (according to the level of training)
- Maintain and decontaminate equipment in accordance with manufacturers’ instruction and your training
- Provide chairside support to the dentist during treatment
- Monitor, support and reassure patients
- Assist in keeping full and accurate patient records
- Monitor and maintain stocks within the practice
- Maintain CPD and attend annual mandatory training
- Comply with all legislation
- Attend practice meetings as requested
Requirements and prospects
- The successful candidate must be reliable
- With good communication skills
- Computer literate
- Keen to learn
- You must be of a smart and professional appearance at all times
- You will have a calm, confident and reassuring manner and the ability to relate well to people, including children and those with special needs
- You will have a positive and flexible approach to work
- Experience is not necessary, however we are looking for ambitious, hard-working and committed individuals
- You should be committed to this being a long term career aspiration
- GCSE maths and English 9-4 (A-C) or equivalent essential
- Full time employment as a Qualified Dental Nurse
Things to consider
- You will be required undertake an enhanced DBS.
- Applications will only be accepted through the National Apprenticeship Website: https://www.gov.uk/apply-apprenticeship.
- Please do not contact the employer direct.
- If your application is successful, you will be contacted by The Oldham College (normally via email) to invite you to attend a pre-interview and initial assessment
About the employer
Whether you're looking for a private or NHS dentist, 518 Dental can help. We offer state of the art facilities so you can be assured of the most comfortable and comforting, experience possible, no matter your age. We pride ourselves on offering a truly family friendly service with opening hours that mean you can fit us in around everything else. We provide a wide range of dental services in one place, including check-ups, teeth whitening, extractions, fillings, crowns (metal or porcelain) and partial acrylics.
THE OLDHAM COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Oldham College
Andrea Kearns 0161 785 4072 email@example.com
- Level 3 Extended Diploma in Dental Nursing
- Dental Nurse (integrated) Standard
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.