Nursery Apprentice Top Tots Day Nursery
Are you looking to train in childcare? Outstanding, friendly nursery in Portsmouth are looking for a L2 (or L3) Nursery Apprentice to join their team.
Closing date: 24 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 38.00
Possible start date
25 Oct 2021
08 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Are you looking to train in childcare? Outstanding nursery in Portsmouth are looking for a L2 (or L3) Nursery Apprentice to join their team.
As a Nursery Apprentice, you will contribute to a high-quality caring environment for children. This includes:
- Creating warm, friendly and stimulating atmosphere in which the children can develop emotionally, socially and educationally
- Under supervision you will provide all aspects of care for children including washing, changing and feeding
- Acting as key worker to a small group of children and recording observations and planning for them
- Assisting with meeting the personal and emotional needs of individual children
- Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
- Being aware of the nurseries policies and procedures and ensure they are adhered to
- Completing all work to desired timescales as set by Showcase Trainer
Requirements and prospects
- Someone who ideally has some experience working with children (babies, toddlers or pre-school)
- To be a confident, organised, reliable and creative person
- GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English are preferred but not essential
If the desired candidate already holds a valid Level 2 Childcare qualification, the Level 3 Early Years Educator is available on a 18-month basis.
Once completing your L2/L3 apprenticeship, you may be offered a full-time position and further training.
Things to consider
Please check that you can travel to this employer on a daily basis before applying. If you have any queries regarding the role, please contact James on 07715 658042.
About the employer
Top Tots is a popular day nursery based on Queen Street and at the Mountbatten Centre, Portsmouth.
Judged by Ofsted in March 2018 as 'OUTSTANDING IN ALL AREAS' Top Tots Nursery provides an 'OUTSTANDING' nurturing and caring environment for children aged from 3 months up to 5 years old. Top Tots Day Nursery Ltd first opened in 2005 to provide quality day nursery and pre-school services to babies, toddlers and pre-school aged children in the local community as well as Naval families living or working in Portsmouth. Our aim is to offer OUTSTANDING childcare services at an affordable price, while ensuring all children are happy and thrive to their full potential while feeling safe and secure.
Showcase Training LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Showcase Training Ltd
James Sproat 07715658042 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 2 Early Years Practitioner apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- NCFE/CACHE Level 2 Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
If the candidate already holds a valid Level 2 Childcare qualification, the Level 3 Early Years Educator apprenticeship standard is available on an 18-month basis.
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.