Apprentice Chef Parsonage Hotel & Spa
To assist in the preparation of items offered on our menus. Serving and plating under the direction of the Head Chef
Closing date: 24 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
01 Nov 2021
06 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
- Assisting in the preparation of different foods
- Serving and plating under the direction of the Head Chef
- Adhering to all Health & Safety & Hygiene regulations
Requirements and prospects
- Good listening skills
- A knowledge of basic food hygiene
- Keen to learn how a busy kitchen operates
- Willingness to learn
- A keen interest in the hospitality business
- Positive outlook
There is a requirement for candidates to have English and Maths GCSEs at grade 3/D or an equivalent Level 1 English and maths functional skills qualification.
Progression into Commis Chef role on completion of the apprenticeship.
Things to consider
The role will include some weekend work.
- The start date will be agreed upon appointment
- Initially you will be contacted by York College to confirm your commitment and suitability for the role. If we are unable to contact you, you will not be considered for the position
- Please note: most correspondence regarding vacancies will be sent via email, so please check your emails regularly for updates on your application
- We would also advise to check your junk/spam folder as some emails may end up here depending on your mail provider settings
- The vacancy will close once a suitable applicant has been appointed
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
The Parsonage Hotel & Spa is a 60 bedroom hotel based in Escrick, York. Our busy Gastro Pub, The Fat Abbot, is based in the grounds of the Hotel.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by York College
Business Partnerships 01904 770368 email@example.com
There is a requirement for candidates to have English and Maths GCSEs at grade 3/D or a Level 1 functional skills qualification in those areas.
Employers may also set their own specific entry requirements.
Students with international qualifications will need to have them converted, for which there will be a cost, through the national agency for the recognition and comparison of international qualifications and skills (NARIC) website. This is required to confirm they are comparable to UK qualifications at the start of the programme in readiness for gateway and the end point assessment.
Level 2 Production Chef Apprenticeship.
Method of Delivery
Delivery will be in partnership with employers and will adopt a blended learning approach of on and off the job training. Apprentices receive training and mentoring in the workplace and knowledge, skills and behaviour development at York College through a combination of classroom/workshop based activities. Apprentices will attend College one day a week.
End Point Assessment
Apprentices must pass the End Point Assessment in order to achieve the Apprenticeship Certificate which comprises of the following:
60 minute on demand test
On successful completion apprentices could progress on to the Senior Production Chef or Chef de Partie Apprenticeship or into a more senior role within the Organisation.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.