Office Administrator Apprentice W T I Fasteners Ltd
WTI -Fasteners are working alongside Loughborough College for someone to join their team as a Business Administration Apprentice. Supplying a global network of clients and distributors, they are one of the industry's best kept secrets! If you would to join the team, apply today!
Closing date: 22 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 34.50
Possible start date
08 Nov 2021
07 Jul 2021
Level 3 (A level)
- Answer telephone and direct calls to the appropriate dept
- Respond to customer sales enquiries – by phone, email and fax
- Prepare customer quotations: Checking customer account details. Checking appropriate pricing details. Checking stock. Contacting suppliers for prices on products
- Receive customer orders and process: Entering data onto sales order system. Preparing paperwork for despatch dept.
- Passing data to purchase dept
- End of day despatch routine – receiving documents for checking and inclusion in packages
- Preparing parcels for post
- Entering data onto a CRM system
- Following up on customer enquiries to secure the order
- Maintaining contact with customers, to build customer relationships.
- Data entry
- Filing various documents
- Some product processing when urgent orders dictate
- Processing of invoices by email, and post to various customers
Requirements and prospects
- Organised, efficient and methodical in approach
- To be computer literate and have experience of using Microsoft Office, Excel, emails and internet
- A team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as good interpersonal skills
- The ability to communicate and work with business colleagues
- Flexible and adaptable
- Keen eye for detail
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Prioritisation and time management skills
5 GCSE’s grade C/4 including English and Maths or equivalent
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Things to consider
Additional training to take place at Loughborough College to develop knowledge, skills, and behaviours to accordance to this Apprenticeship. Please ensure you are able to travel before applying.
Loughborough College has the right to close this vacancy before the end date.
About the employer
Based in the UK, WTI Fasteners have manufactured inserts to a variety of industry accredited quality standards since 1989.
Aerospace, electronics and other challenging industries
Supplying a global network of clients and distributors, we are one of the industry's best kept secrets! The companies who choose WTI Fasteners say we provide a more flexible service and solution focused approach, which helps them design out manufacturing cost and minimise stockholding.
Small quantities, on the shelf product, technical engineering support
If you need the highest quality insert, to a specific industry accredited quality standard; in the widest range of sizes; supplied in the most flexible quantity options and the shortest lead times - that's what we do!
- Fast turnaround for special order items and urgent requirements
- 97% of all ex-stock items for UK orders despatched on the same day as ordered
- Extensive International sales
Our owner directors have all been involved in the manufacture and sale of wire thread inserts for over 30 years. Their unique combination of experience, industry knowledge and enthusiasm is reflected in the 'can-do' attitude of the wider team.
Our 140m2 dedicated facility incorporates:
- Technical support customer services team
- A wide range of production machinery providing extensive capacity
- Dedicated quality and inspection rooms
- Packaging machinery to provide highly accurate 'customer specified' quantities
- Warehousing of most common sizes and quantities ready for despatch
- Continuous investment and development in:
- Bespoke tooling produced for insert manufacture
- Insert production machines and profiling mills
- Customer logistic solutions in the UK and overseas
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Loughborough College
Hayley Cousins 01509 618019 email@example.com
- L3 Apprenticeship Standard in Business Administrator
- Functional Skills Level 2 in English and maths (if required)
End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- Knowledge test
- Portfolio based interview
- Project presentation
- 14 sessions delivered at Loughborough (Thurs AM)
- Online portfolio to update with learning and development completed onsite
- Diarised visits from dedicated Trainer/Assessor
- Attendance to Loughborough College for Functional Skills (if required)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.