Nursery Assistant Apprenticeship St Andrews Church Playgroup
Start your Childcare career now and earn a wage whilst you gain experience and your childcare qualification. This an excellent opportunity for someone who is passionate about working with children. Apply now and join our friendly team!
Closing date: 26 May 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
06 Jun 2022
07 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
- Provides a friendly, caring and relaxing environment in order to encourage and develop children.
- Assists in maintaining a safe, clean and tidy base room and ensures that all daily routines are adhered to.
- Assist in the completion of key person children’s development records.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures in relation to the safeguarding of children. Reports any suspicion of abuse or neglect to the Nursery Manager.
- Communicates effectively with parents and other visitors to the nursery under supervision of qualified practitioners.
- Actively contributes and participates as part of the team, attending team meetings and activities.
- Performs any ad hoc duties as required.
- Is mindful of personal safety and safety of colleagues.
- Attends training courses to further personal development.
Requirements and prospects
- Enthusiasm for working with young children.
- An interest in the care, learning and development of young children.
- A commitment to the provision of high quality childcare.
- A positive approach to learning and gaining new skills through teamwork and training opportunities.
- Ability to work independently using own initiative.
- Good organisational, record keeping and planning skills.
- Excellent communication skills, with children, colleagues, advisors and parents/carers.
- Good written, verbal and non-verbal communication.
- Reliability and trustworthiness.
- A positive approach to inclusive practice, with children and colleagues.
Good standard of general education to GCSE level or equivalent.
The successful candidate can progress onto an Apprenticeship at Level 3, into employment, or onto further training at college.
Things to consider
Candidates without the required qualifications or work experience may be referred to our FLEX Foundation Learning programme for a Level 1 Childcare course and work experience.
About the employer
We are a Charitable Trust for the community, located within the premises of St. Andrew’s Church with unrestricted parking on the road outside the building. Our facilities include a fully-equipped kitchen and dining room, access to the spacious church hall, as well as our own dedicated separate teaching and play areas. The kitchen facilities permit us to do baking activities with the children. In implementing the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum we reflect the indoor learning experience outside by having illustrations around understanding of the world, letters and numbers and more. The outdoor space allows for play in basketball, football, bats and balls, scooting, riding, log balancing, rope balancing, sliding, mounting, pushing and pulling equipment, natural resources, play in water, planting with soil, a quiet area in the Wendy house for reading, mark making and social time. The outdoor area allows for expressive play by activities set up such as a flower shop, restaurant, hospital etc.
The dining room doubles up as an extra activity room or for one-to-one sessions with the children in a quiet area. We also hold monthly coffee mornings for parents here during which we communicate planned events and encourage information sharing among parents/carers. We have an additional first floor meeting and activity room where we host workshops for parents/carers and small group activities. Our main teaching/play room is divided into zones for different kinds of activities and play.
St Andrews Church Playgroup
BARNET & SOUTHGATE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by FIRST RUNG
Beverley Woodhouse 07805980150 email@example.com
- Level 2 Early Years Practitioner
- Functional Skills in maths and English
- Paediatric First Aid
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.