Apprentice Butcher Rose Farm Shop
Butchery apprentice required working in a long established farm shop, with animals home reared and locally sourced. Applicant will learn to process whole carcasses for the purpose of retail sale.
Closing date: 15 Nov 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
16 Nov 2021
07 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
- Process whole carcass animals
- Beef, pork and lambs
- Working in a small team at our long established farm shop.
- Making sausages and burgers
- Preparing meat for retail sale
- Serving customers
- Maintaining a clean working environment.
Requirements and prospects
Well presented person with good personal hygiene is a must for this role.
- Energetic and enthusiastic
- English & Maths - Minimum acceptable grade E or 2
- Functional Skills level 1 – English & Mathematics - Pass
To become a qualified butcher with additional education in food hygiene. As time passes and skills develop, prospect of more responsibility and good salary.
Things to consider
National Minimum Wage and National Living Wage rates - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
Off-the-job training must make up at least 20% of the apprentice’s contracted hours, over the total duration of the apprentice’s planned training period.
About the employer
Farm Shop / Butchers selling produced and locally sourced meat and produce. Shop comproses of butchery, convenience store and post office.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Reaseheath College
Reaseheath Training will be the apprenticeship training provider for this Apprenticeship.
- The employer will give guidance and support throughout and a mentor will be assigned to you.
- Off-the-job training must make up at least 20% of the apprentice’s contracted hours, over the total duration of the apprentice’s planned training period
- This Standard apprenticeship may include Functional Skills in Maths, English & ICT
- Reaseheath Training also offer optional extra industry qualifications at additional cost.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.