Apprenticeship Motor Vehicle Technician- Heavy Goods A B C Travel
A Heavy Vehicle Service Technician will inspect, maintain, and repair large vehicles weighing 3.5 tonnes and over. The Heavy Vehicle Technicians jobs fall into three main categories: • Servicing – carrying out checks • Maintenance – replacing / repairing engine parts • Diagnostics – using the latest diagnostic equipment
Closing date: 18 Oct 2021
£172.00 - £200.00
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
19 Oct 2021
07 Jul 2021
Level 3 (A level)
A Heavy Vehicle Service Technician will inspect, maintain, and repair large vehicles weighing 3.5 tonnes and over.
The Heavy Vehicle Technicians jobs fall into three main categories:
- Servicing – carrying out checks
- Maintenance – replacing / repairing engine parts
- Diagnostics – using the latest diagnostic equipment
As an apprentice, you will observe, learn and gain an understanding of a wide range of engineering skills and processes while under the instruction of skilled technical staff.
You will be able to:
- Demonstrate these skills and processes as the training period progresses by working independently or with a team.
- Learn and understand the importance of Health and safety within the workplace
- Learn the fundamental technologies – Heavy Vehicle chassis design, engine, fuels, transmissions, hydraulic and air braking, etc.
- Develop the skills to construct or modify apparatus and instruments from verbal instructions and drawings.
- Learn how to maintain workshop equipment and to keep it in good repair.
Requirements and prospects
- A keen interest and passion for Heavy Vehicle technology
- Practically minded
- Logical approach to problem solving
- An enthusiasm to learn new practical and theoretical skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good team player
- Hard working
- Interest in motor vehicles
- Enthusiasm to learn
Ideally, a minimum of GCSE Grade 4 or equivalent in English Language or maths.
ABC Travel would aim to offer full-time employment to the successful candidate on completion of the Apprenticeship Scheme.
Things to consider
Candidate must be able to travel to work on time - due to the office being based in a rural location with limited public transport a driver would be preferable but not essential.
About the employer
ABC Travel provides high standards in School Transport and Minibus services for group travel.
Our services include local, long distance and Airport Transfers to all major UK Airports including Heathrow, Gatwick & Stansted. Our goal is to make your travels safe, effortless and on schedule.
ABC Travel are settings standards in school transport. Our school services offer a convenient and cost-effective service for parents, whilst our pupils and students enjoy a sociable and safe environment on their journeys to and from school. Our drivers & passenger assistants are fully trained, enhanced DBS checked and fully licensed by the local authority. All staff have undertaken a vigorous interview to ensure your safety.
Windsor Forest Colleges Group
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Windsor Forest Colleges Group
Emma Raymond 01753443857 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 3 Heavy Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician Apprenticeship
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English and Maths ( if necessary)
- Practical Training in the Motor Vehicle Workshop
Heavy vehicle service and maintenance technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.