Welding Apprentice Fastline Steel Fabrications
Two welding apprentices required to work with the current Fabricator Welder to assist with preparing products for final weld assembly, cleaning tools and equipment, using MIG welders, punching machines and various tools.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
01 Nov 2021
07 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
We are looking for individuals who are looking to learn the trade. This position is well suited to someone who would like to gain hands-on experience in a thriving and supportive workplace, that can be physically demanding and rewarding. The role will include the following:
- Working closely with the current Fabricator Welder team to assist production tasks as required to meet customer deliveries
- Preparing products for final weld assembly
- Cleaning tools, equipment and the work areas
- Working with Engineering, CAD drawings and sketches
- Using equipment such as MIG welders, Saw, Upright and Hand Drills, Punching Machines, tape measures, protractors
- Once trained you will also operate the overhead crane
Requirements and prospects
- Analytical, logical thinker
- Able to work to detail
- Hands-on experience
- Some design skills would be advantageous
- Good verbal and written communications
- Good maths skills
- Able to work independently and with other team members
- Can-do attitude
- Willing to learn
GCSE grade 4 in English and Maths, as a minimum (or the equivalent).
This role can lead to a full-time Fabricator / Welder.
Things to consider
You will need to attend college two days per week. Please ensure you can travel to In-Comm Training Services in Aldridge, WS9 8UG.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Fastline Steel Services UK Ltd are proud to offer a unique service in the perimeter security market.
We have year after year, consistently implemented procedural improvements which have helped us grow organically and become the UK’s leading manufacturer of steel perimeter systems. We continually invest in our processes, equipment and our team. Operating from our manufacturing facility in Wolverhampton, we have our Head Office in the same location and 3 other regional offices, ensuring good National coverage.
Our core fabricated products include:
- Steel palisade systems
- Rigid mesh panel systems
- Chain link & Weldmesh systems
- Fabricated railing systems (to suit any requirement)
All of the above include associated gate sets as required.
We are also heavily involved in testing high security products and have products certified (by the BRE) for LPS 1175 SR1 (A1) and SR2 (B3) perimeter systems.
Fastline’s team includes our own designers and CAD operatives. Working directly with the fabricators where required to ensure the best solutions are arrived at without fail.
IN-COMM TRAINING AND BUSINESS SERVICES LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by In-Comm Training Services Ltd
Sue Fisher 01922 457686
The training for this apprenticeship will be delivered over a period of 15 months, with the apprentice required to attend college 2 days per months during this time (at In-Comm Training Services Limited, Aldridge, WS9 8UG), to achieve knowledge, understanding and competence in the following subjects:
- General and Welding Specific Health and Safety
- Dimensional and Mechanical Properties of Materials
- Welding Procedures, Parameters and Symbols
- Testing and Inspection
- Welding Defects
- MIG, MAG and FCAW processes
- MMA Processes
- TIG-TAG and PAW Processes
General welder (arc processes)
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.