Junior Hairdresser Apprentice SUTHERLAND & BARNETT LIMITED
Opportunity for outgoing, friendly and proactive individual looking to start a career within Hairdressing. Opportunity to join a fantastic salon with amazing career prospects
Closing date: 31 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
08 Nov 2021
07 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
PURPOSE OF ROLE: Making our guest’s look and feel amazing, so they choose our salon above all others, recommend their friends, and most importantly keep coming back to us time after time.
We are committed to starting apprentices on the road to a fabulous career.
- Maintaining a safe, healthy and clean working environment
- Providing outstanding customer service, making our customers feel welcome
- Attending all in salon and out of salon training days
- Assisting all other team members to help the smooth running of the salon.
- To attend all competitions, exhibitions as directed.
- Taking bookings by phone email and social media
- Wash and style hair. Washing and blow-drying using correct products
- Trim, cut and colour hair on models and with assistance – you will work up to this throughout your apprenticeship
- Prepare colours and prepare stylists columns
- Learning styles, cuts and any other treatments you will need to complete your apprenticeship
- Taking cash and card payments
All apprentices are required to work Saturdays and one late night each week. You will be Completing Level 2 Hair Professional and will be expected to complete this within 21 months.
You will receive 20 days holiday per year plus bank holidays and you will never work on your birthday.
Applicants will be required to attend an Assessment Centre with Vision Apprentices as part of the screening process.
Requirements and prospects
- Smart professional appearance
- Self-motivated & reliable
- Confidence with meeting/speaking to new people and conversing with ease
- Genuine interest in the sector
- Have had previous work experience in a salon or strong interest in style trends and a desire to achieve
- Organisational skills
- Attention to detail
GCSE Grades A to C / 9-4
Vision Business has strong employer links within the sector and we encourage all our employers to consider further opportunities, this may include progression onto an advanced/higher apprenticeship or full time employment.
Things to consider
Only applications with a current contact number and/or email address can be accepted.
All applications are acknowledged by telephone in the first instance.
Every applicant must attend a Vision Business Assessment Centre prior to being presented to the employer.
From 1st April 2021 the National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices is £4.30 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the National Minimum Wage appropriate to their age applies. The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training. For more information visit: www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
On successful appointment:
- You will be entitled to receive statutory annual leave.
- This is a weekly/monthly paid post.
- You are responsible for funding your own travel to and from your place of work.
- You must work with your Specialist to complete apprenticeship work on time and to the best of your ability.
- You must conduct yourself in a safe and diligent manner and comply with health and safety policies and procedures.
- You must uphold and promote the company policies and procedures, promoting those specifically to your area of work, including Equality and Diversity and Safeguarding.
- Please note this vacancy may close earlier than the planned closing date in the event of the position being filled.
About the employer
At Sutherland & Barnett they have been offering local and national award winning hairdressing for over 12 years. Their Nottingham based hair salon is located within the city centre with easy access via car and public transport including the tram with a stop right outside.
They pride themselves on offering excellent customer service from the moment clients walk in the salon to the next time they visit. Their belief is that client’s hairstyle and colour should last until their next appointment with ease. This is achieved through a detailed consultation where stylists establish the type of look clients would like as well as find out more about how they can make hairstyles fit in within an everyday routine. All of the team are trained to recommend the best aftercare products and how to maintain new looks even after leaving the salon.
SUTHERLAND & BARNETT LIMITED
VISION WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Vision West Nottinghamshire College
Leoni Nath 01623 627 191 Leoni.Nath@wnc.ac.uk
Hair Professional Level 2 Standard.
Vision Business is part of the West Nottinghamshire College Group. West Nottinghamshire College is one of the largest and most successful colleges in the country with a well-earned reputation for excellence particularly in the areas of apprenticeships. The college was named a national Beacon College in 2009. With 30,000 students nationwide and links with over 2,000 employers, we are a high-profile centre of education that is well known for producing work-ready, ambitious and highly-skilled individuals. We offer apprenticeships, advanced apprenticeships and adult apprenticeships in a range of sector specialisms.
An apprenticeship is an on the job learning programme that allows you, the apprentice, to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence. You will be expected to work towards theory elements in addition to putting the theory into practice.
As part of your apprenticeship and dependent on your prior attainment you may be required to complete Maths, English and ICT Functional Skills which are an integral part of your apprenticeship. Upon successful completion you will be awarded additional certificates of recognition.
Vision Business will also work with you to ensure your knowledge of Employment Rights and Responsibilities are at the required level for an apprentice.
Should you have any questions or wish to discuss this or any other vacancy please call the Vision Apprentices team on 01623 627191 extension 8799.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.