Apprentice Information Communication Technician FRESH STANCE LIMITED
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an IT Apprentice with FreshStance IT, an IT Support and Services based in Hatfield (5-minute walk from the station). You will work towards a Level 3 Information Communications Technician apprenticeship standard.
Closing date: 22 Nov 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
29 Nov 2021
06 Jul 2021
Level 3 (A level)
You will be working within a team providing IT support, initially carrying out routine checks and assisting end users to log support tickets. You will quickly progress to providing IT support by phone and using remote support tools.
You will be supporting traditional Microsoft server-based systems as well as cloud solutions such as Office 365, Azure and Amazon Web Services.
You will be joining a young dynamic company in a role which will be well mentored and will provide a variety of opportunities to learn. You must be flexible and be able to assist in a number of areas this will include support, customer service and project work.
Reporting to the lead consultant/managing director your duties will include:
- Install, support and service business customers
- Handle telephone calls and emails from clients and create support incidents as needed
- Carry out regular checks and processes
- Provide 1st line support to clients – via telephone, email, and remote working
- Provide onsite support to clients
- Identify areas for improvement within support to improve service delivery to clients
- Strive to improve communication both internally and with clients
- Additional duties as deemed appropriate to the role and business needs
Part of this role includes the requirement to maintain excellent relations with the customer and other resolver groups, guiding and aiding effective incident resolutions. As the first line of contact with customers you must maintain a professional and corporate image of the company at all times.
Requirements and prospects
- Understanding of Microsoft Workstations and office packages, i.e. Office 365/2016, Windows, 8/10
- Organisational skills to follow procedures and complete tasks within given time frames using incident management tools
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good time management skills
- Excellent telephone manner & customer facing skills
- Knowledge of Operating Systems in the business environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Server operating systems
- Knowledge of Apple iOS (iPad) and OSX (Mac) operating systems
- Knowledge of cloud services i.e. Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Knowledge of wired (LAN) and wireless networks
- Knowledge of computer hardware
- Enthusiasm to learn and progress
- Ability to communicate technical information to the user estate with a genuine desire to assist the customer
- Be motivated to achieve outstanding levels of customer service in a team environment.
5 GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) including English Language and maths.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
About the employer
FreshStance bring a fresh approach to IT Managed Services. We advocate cloud solutions to empower businesses and accelerate growth. Since 2015, the company has been providing IT support and project services to other small businesses in fields like medicine, finance, charities and many more.
The company use a range of technologies including traditional servers and infrastructure and cloud solutions from Microsoft and Amazon Web Services as appropriate to the customer and their IT needs. Proactive management of systems and fast, efficient telephone support enables our customers to deliver their services smoothly.
FRESH STANCE LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Estio Technology Recruitment Ltd
Darcy Greaves 01133500333 email@example.com
The Estio Training programme gives people the opportunity to get practical experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive technical training online. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Information Communications Technician standard with training in areas such as:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- Introduction to IT Support
- Stability and Resilience
- Testing and Problem Solving
- Introduction to Networks
- Cloud Systems
- Support Teams
- Specialism (Digital Communications, Network, or Support)
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination to receive a professional certificate.
Information communications technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.