Hairdressing Apprentice HAIR @ THE STABLES LTD
Local salon with an excellent reputation is currently looking for an apprentice to join their existing team. Duties will involve supporting with the day to day running of the salon.
Closing date: 30 Nov 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Dec 2021
06 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
The successful candidate will be enrolled on to Level 2 Hair Professional apprenticeship.
The apprentice will carry out the following:
- Assisting stylists
- Greeting clients
- Shampoo and condition clients’ hair
- General housekeeping of the salon
Other duties during the apprenticeship will enable the apprentice to develop in the following areas:
Mandatory units covered as part of the apprenticeship:
- Shampoo, condition and treat the hair and scalp
- Cut hair using a range of techniques to create a variety of looks
- Style and finish hair using a range of techniques to create a variety of looks
- Colour and lighten hair using a range of techniques
Optional units (one of these optional units will be covered):
- Perming hair
- Hair relaxing treatments and techniques
- Hair extension services
Requirements and prospects
- Able to work as part of a team and using your own initiative
- Good people skills
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Willingness to learn
- Good team player
- Excellent timekeeper
- Passionate about hairdressing
- A good level of maths and English is required
- Qualifications / training within hairdressing would be desirable but not essential
To be discussed upon completion.
About the employer
A relaxed and creative hairdressing salon and barbers in Halifax - Elland Wharf. Hair @ The Stables salon offers our customers a full range of hairdressing, barbering, aesthetics and extensions services in a casual, welcoming environment.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Calderdale College
Madeline Oxby 07974 587441 Madeline.Oxby@calderdale.ac.uk
Hair Professional level 2
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.