Apprenticeship in Hairdressing - Steven James Hairdressing Steven James
Steven James Hairdressers in Faversham is the culmination of a five generation family business and are now looking for a hardworking person with a passion for hairdressing to join their friendly, busy team. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate!
Closing date: 30 Nov 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
14 Dec 2021
06 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Steven James Hairdressers is a five genereation family business with the two brothers owning a salon in Faversham & Canterbury.
Steven James in Faversham are looking for a hardworking person to join their friendly busy team
Job duties will include:
- reception work
- Shadowing stylists
- Shampoo/condition hair
- Post on social media
A Hair Apprenticeship is diverse and offers you the chance to channel your artistic talent in a creative setting Training and development takes place during this part of the apprenticeship, which includes a qualification.
The on programme learning for this apprenticeship is mainly through the on the job experience with a salon environment, focused on gaining the knowledge and demonstrating the skills in several core areas
20% off the job is required and is covered with theory delivery, shadowing, mentoring and coaching at our sites and in the workplace.
You’ll also study English and maths at a level to suit you. All Hair Stylists will need to communicate effectively with clients, order stock and calculate pricing
You will be mentored and trained by fully qualified tutors and assessors.
Requirements and prospects
- Organise workload
- Good customer service
- Dress smart
- Good time keeping
- GCSE A - C (8 - 4) in maths and English or equivalent is desired
- Level 1 Hair and Beauty would be an advantage
- This employer is looking for the apprentice that they recruit to sustain a long term career with them and the chance to develop and progress to full time employment
- Once fully qualified, Hair Stylists earn on average £14,000-£30,000 per year
Things to consider
- From the 1st April 2021 the National Minimum Wage (NMW) for apprentices will increase for young people aged 16-18 and those aged over 19 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. The new rate is £4.30 per hour. The new NMW applies to time working plus time spent training as this is also part of the Apprenticeship. Anyone not covered by the age category above will be entitled to the NMW appropriate to their age
- Training on the Apprenticeships Programme for 16 to 18 year olds is a priority and fully-funded by Government. Training for Apprenticeships for those over this age is part funded, with employers expected to make a 5% contribution for all learners that are 19+
- PLEASE NOTE: The dates as entered for the interview/start dates for this opportunity are to be used as a guide and interviews will take place as close to this date as is reasonably practical for the employer followed by a start date offered by the employer
- You may be required to work weekends and late evenings and maybe required to complete a work trial day and/ or trade test
- This position is dependent on work experience and GCSE grades
- You will also be required to have a pre-screening interview over the phone with one of TNB Skills Training advisers before your details are passed to the employer to ensure you meet their criteria so please expect a call
About the employer
The Steven James trilogy of salons in Canterbury and Faversham is the culmination of no less than five generations of hairdressers! Read more about the history on their website.
The Flower dynasty continues with sons Steven and James both owning their own salons in Canterbury and Faversham respectively.
TNB Skills Training
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by That Nail Place Ltd
Apprenticeship Standard - Hair Professional
- Level 2 Hair Professional Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills maths and English
Employability Skills to include to be able to:
- Demonstrate professionalism and a passion for the industry
- Correct behaviours and communication & safe working practices in the hair industry
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.