Business Administrator Apprentice JADE-ADEN SERVICES LIMITED
This is an apprenticeship with a difference with a successful company! An interesting variety of administrative duties, working with suppliers and customers, plus the opportunity to learn AutoCAD and understand technical drawings. A well-rounded approach to understanding the business and how to provide the most effective administrative support.
Closing date: 12 Nov 2021
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
22 Nov 2021
06 Jul 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Working with an experienced professional, this apprenticeship offers the opportunity for the successful candidate to develop a very wide range of administrative skills and experience, plus extra training in preparing and understanding technical drawings as this will be important to the role.
During the apprenticeship you will be learning how to:
- Deal with customer enquiries, using the phone and email
- Liaise with colleagues to find out information
- Maintain the database
- Organise meetings
- Run reports and produce accurate information
- Attend meetings and take notes
- Research new and old products and materials
- Stock check and raise orders
- Apply for warranties
- Use AutoCAD to develop drawings and details for projects, recording materials required
- Schedule deliveries of products for jobs, liaising with suppliers
- Understand and comply with health and safety requirements
In time, this role will see you start to develop relationships with suppliers and site staff so that you can take ownership of meetings, procurement, scheduling and reconciling invoices etc.
At the start of the apprenticeship, the apprentice will be able to get some on site experience so that they can see and understand the products we use and get hands on experience of how they are installed.
Requirements and prospects
- Able to pick things up quickly
- Good IT skills and accuracy
- Excellent customer service
- Confident phone manner
- Team player
- Organised and able to manage your time
- Interested in the business and the job
- Keen to learn and develop your skills
- Self motivated and able to take responsibility for your apprenticeship
- Reliable and adaptable
- 'Can do' attitude
- Willing to be hands on and be a part of the team
- 5 GCSEs at grade C/4 and above or equivalent, which must include English and maths
- Progression to a higher level qualification and a permanent role
Things to consider
NOTE: If your application is successful, you must attend an initial interview with Bournemouth & Poole College before your details are put forward to this employer. This will be arranged by an invitation from The College – which may be offered by phone or email . This is not an interview for the job but is an integral part of our recruitment process.
About the employer
We are a team of commercial construction contractors, specialising in structural steel and industrial cladding. Established over 25 years ago, we offer our services and expertise across the South Coast of England, with offices in both Poole, in Dorset and also Plymouth, in Devon. When it comes to our service, we pride ourselves on customer satisfaction, as well as professionalism and our outstanding ability to provide results that are on-brief and on-budget.
BOURNEMOUTH AND POOLE COLLEGE, THE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Bournemouth & Poole College
You will receive the majority of your training on the job and will be required to attend college on a term time day release (fortnightly) basis throughout the apprenticeship.
- Business Administrator Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional skills English and maths Level 2 (if required)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.