Apprentice Nursery Assistant Crossdale Drive Primary School
Windmills Nursery on the site of Crossdale Primary School are looking to recruit a friendly apprentice nursery assistant to join their team at their Outstanding nursery. If you are keen to pursue a career in the childcare sector, this is the perfect opportunity for you.
Closing date: 28 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
29 Oct 2021
05 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Windmills Nursery on the site of Crossdale Primary School are looking to recruit a friendly apprentice nursery assistant to join their team at their Outstanding nursery.
If you are keen to pursue a career in the childcare sector, this is the perfect opportunity for you. If you are a friendly kind of person that aspires to work within the childcare industry then look no further. You will gain a great understanding of all aspects of the running of the nursery.
Duties within the role include:
- Understand and carry out efficiently, routine tasks in the nursery
- Develop positive relationships with children, parents and staff
- Develop a basic understanding of child development
- Understand and implement nursery policies
- Help to provide a clean, safe and stimulating environment
- Attend staff meetings regularly and offer input
- Learn to plan a wide range of suitable activities for children
- Write good quality observations in each area (training given)
- Learn to maintain some records of children's development (personal profiles)
- Collect well written evidence for your portfolio
- Ensure witness statements are collated from staff for evidence portfolio
- Other general duties as and when required
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills, with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Hard working
- Well organised to meet deadlines for the course
- A genuine interest in interacting with and developing children
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Friendly and welcoming
- Calm, patient and caring
- Driven and willingness to learn and take on challenges
- Committed to children's welfare
- Willingness to travel to work across all the Lime Tree sites - desirable
A*-D/9-3 GCSE in maths and English (or equivalent).
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship or progression onto a level 3 qualification.
About the employer
Our school is vibrant and busy - there is always something exciting happening here! Visiting the 'Blogs' section of our website will give you a feel for the children's day-to-day learning experiences.
At Crossdale we greatly value the notion of the ‘Crossdale Family’, whereby all members of the school community are valued, supported and encouraged. We want parents and careers to feel involved in school life and children to feel happy, secure and safe.
We want the children at Crossdale to achieve to the fullest of their potential, gain a passion for learning and leave us with all the skills they need to be successful in every aspect of their lives.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Nottingham College
Nottingham College Apprenticeship Team
Early Years Practitioner - https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/early-years-practitioner-v1-0
Functional Skills if required.
Please note that the apprenticeship standards require the apprentice to sit an End Point Assessment.
Please refer to above link for more information.
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.