Apprentice Mechanic Fisher Autos
We are looking for a very enthusiastic and motivated candidate to join our small workforce as an apprentice mechanic.
Closing date: today
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Nov 2021
05 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
We are looking for a very enthusiastic and motivated candidate to join our small workforce.
Day to day duties will include:
- General house keeping
- MOT assistant duties
- All aspects of mechanical repairs
Requirements and prospects
- No experience required, just a strong interest in cars and how things work
- Willing to work as a team and be interested in all aspects of automotive repairs
Candidates should have 3 GCSE’s at Grade C/4 or higher which should include maths and English.
To be a fully qualified mechanic, including diagnostic, aircon, MOT, hybrid. Potential for further education.
Things to consider
- Own transport preferred but if possible we will help with collection and drop off
- We are a small 3 bay workshop that can get very busy at times and requires full concentration 5 days a week. We service all ages of cars and all brands so a new challenge every day must be met with a positive attitude
- Initially you will be contacted by York College to confirm your commitment and suitability for the role. If we are unable to contact you, you will not be considered for the position
- Please note: most correspondence regarding vacancies will be sent via email, so please check your emails regularly for updates on your application. We would also advise to check your junk/spam folder as some emails may end up here depending on your mail provider settings
- Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week)
About the employer
Small family run garage, MOT and service centre based in Barlby, nr Selby.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by York College
Business Partnerships 01904 770368 firstname.lastname@example.org
VRQ/VCQ Level 2 Diploma in Light Vehicle Maintenance Principles:
- Functional skills level 1/2 in maths
- Functional skills level 1/2 in English
End-Point Assessment Information:
- Achievement of the apprenticeship is dependent on the Apprentice passing knowledge unit exams at College, theory and practical
- The apprentice must be competent and cover all the criteria learnt at College within 6 Practical observations within the workplace by the Work Based Assessor (WBA)
- Achieve passes in all Functional skills for their level qualification. (Apprentices are exempt from FS maths and English if they have previously gained a Grade C/4 or higher at GCSE maths and English)
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.