Apprentice Mechanical Seal Repair Technician Aesseal Plc
A brilliant and encompassing opportunity has arisen with AESSEAL- this is a practical role! The position will require the direct handling of products received for refurbishment including: Strip down, measuring, assessing, inspecting, building, machining and testing.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Nov 2021
05 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Duties will include:
- To operate in accordance with Company Standards, policies and procedures to ensure repeatable product and service quality
- A practical role, the position will require the direct handling of products received for refurbishment (strip down, measuring, assessing, inspecting, building, machining, testing, design & drafting)
- To produce written records for both AESSEAL® and non-AESSEAL® products. These must be completed to a high quality, standard of accuracy and communicated in a timely manner
- To acquire a comprehensive knowledge of mechanical seals and the refurbishment process
- Where applicable, to record, share and protect acquired knowledge and practice, in keeping with developing the Company’s intellectual property/capital
- To provide sketches, CAD models & drafts (of respective components) in order to communicate technical requirements & manufacturing details
- When required, to offer support to the Derby operation
- To communicate any issues (technical, quality, commercial or delivery-based) to respective stakeholders in a timely and coherent manner
To fully support excellent working practices, including:
- Health, safety and environmental compliance
- Team behaviour
- Continuous improvement
- Quality System compliance
- To assume other responsibilities as required and work with colleagues to further the good performance of the Company
Requirements and prospects
- Understanding of engineering (Mechanical)
- Health and Safety awareness
- Good IT skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Working with hand tools
- Working within a Workshop environment
- CAD skills, including an understanding of engineering drawings
- Knowledge of machines (such as pumps, motors and rotating equipment)
- Technical report writing
- Commercial awareness
- Working knowledge of Microsoft® Office
- Previous working experience
- Analytical abilities
- Ability to demonstrate self-motivation and enthusiasm
- Able to work using own initiative and work under pressure
- Excellent level of written and spoken English
Good GCSE or equivalent - with grade 4/5 (C) or above in English, mathematics & Science/Technical subject.
Progression to higher level qualification and/or opportunity for permanent role for the right candidate.
About the employer
We’re far more than just a supplier of new and replacement parts. Our one overriding aim is to exceed expectation: for delivery, quality, reliability and service.
AESSEAL® products are in demand worldwide, and across all industry sectors. Wherever we supply, the story is the same: our sealing technology delivers increased reliability, demonstrated by improved mean time between failure.
Though we have particular expertise in Oil & Gas, our reputation for customer service and product performance is spreading quickly, and today we are working with an impressive portfolio of customers, in an equally impressive range of industries.
TRAINING SERVICES 2000 LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Training Services 2000 Ltd
James Lund 01332 296 9965 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 2 Certificate in Engineering
- Level 2 Competence in Engineering
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.