Early Years Apprentice PEAR TREE NURSERY LTD
Pear Tree Nursery have a fantastic new opportunity for an Early Years Apprentice. You will be responsible for assisting practitioners with supporting learning and development for children aged 3 months - 5 years.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 36.00
Possible start date
05 Nov 2021
05 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Duties may include:
- Assist practitioners in daily duties including supporting children’s learning and development
- Plan and prepare activities to reflect children’s interests and stage of development
- Take part in all activities including play, feeding and hygiene routines
- Nurture children’s emotional wellbeing
- Assist with the development record system and possibly take on the role of a key person
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Good rapport with both adults and children
- Numeracy and literacy
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to use your own initiative
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- GCSE grades 9-4/A*-C including maths and English (or equivalent)
- Prior experience in working with young children is required
Could lead to a permanent position for the right person.
Things to consider
This vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received. Therefore, we recommend that you apply as soon as possible.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Pear Tree Nursery, which opened its doors in 2017, provides quality care and learning for young children between the ages of 3 months and 5 years. Children are never too young to learn and at Pear Tree Nursery, a learning journey will begin when a baby joins us to when a child starts a new chapter at Primary School.
Newcastle-under-Lyme College & Stafford College
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Newcastle-under-Lyme College & Stafford College
The Apprenticeship Hub 01782 254287 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 2 Early Years Practitioner (Children and Young People’s Workforce) Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills maths and English (if required)
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.