Senior Production Chef Apprentice NOTTINGHAM COLLEGE LIMITED
Fletchers Restaurant has now opened inside Nottingham Collegeâ€™s fantastic state of the art City Hub based in Nottingham City Centre. We are now looking to recruit a Senior Production Chef. This role is all about culinary skills but requires the learner to be confident to complete kitchen management tasks alongside.
Closing date: 28 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
01 Nov 2021
05 Jul 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Fletchers Restaurant has now opened inside Nottingham College's fantastic state of the art City Hub based in Nottingham City Centre.
Day to day duties will include:
- Support the Head Chef and delegate tasks to students and kitchen staff
- Supervise the production of high quality dishes
- Complete, monitor and maintain food safety management systems (which include delivery, storage, cooking and service) and work equipment
- Monitor service to improve efficiency and productivity
- Lead team meetings and training
- Cook dishes to a high standard
- Ensuring nutritional / allergen needs are met
- Be diligent in ensuring safe and hygienic practises are followed
- Show passion and enthusiasm
- Risk assess situations, identifying and isolating matters of concern, by establishing the cause and intervening accordingly to minimise risk to people and organisation
- Effectively control resource allocation, minimise wastage and use sustainable working practices
- Communicate knowledge to the team and support own and individuals' development
- Monitor and ensure the effective implementation of food safety management systems
- Ensure deliveries are checked and stored correctly
- Any other duties necessary
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Works well as part of a team
- A passion for cooking and kitchen management
A*-D (9-3) maths and English or equivalent at GCSE or equivalents.
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Things to consider
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
The new Nottingham College City Hub represents a £58m investment in education for the city. It offers new facilities and resources for college students and provide community facilities such as a new training restaurant, café and performing arts centre. The City Hub is a landmark building for Nottingham, occupying disused brownfield land next to the Broadmarsh Centre and tram overpass at the foot of Lace Market Cliff."
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Nottingham College
Nottingham College Apprenticeship Team
Production Chef Level 3
Functional Skills English and Maths (Level 2 is required )
Day release - One day per week to Nottingham College 15 month duration.
Please note that as this is an apprenticeship standard you will be required to sit an end point assessment. Please refer to above link for more information.
Senior production chef
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.