Dental Nursing Apprentice Level 3 Windmill Dental
Windmill Dental in Leeds are wanting a smart, hard working individual to come join their team. Working Monday to Friday you will assist the dental team in many treatments such as bridges, dentures and Implants.
Closing date: 05 Nov 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
16 Nov 2021
04 Jul 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Some of the jobs listed below will be part of your day to day activity
- Prepare the necessary materials and instruments
- Provide clinical assistance to the dentists and hygienist while treating the patient, under their supervision
- Take all reasonable methods to ensure patient comfort
- Continually interpret the needs of the patients and dentists or hygienist, and deal with them promptly and efficient
- Building relationships with patients
- Managing patient appointments
- Making sure all equipment is Sterilized and ready before procedures and treatments
- Processing lab requests/ X-Rays
- Calculating Treatment Costs
Requirements and prospects
We're looking for somebody who can demonstrate the following:
- It's essential that you're reliable individual with good timekeeping
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to take instruction
- Basic Knowledge of dental hygiene
- Ability to work under pressure
The personal qualities we want you to express are:
- Demonstrate a positive outlook and reflective in your demeanour
- Must be enthusiastic about learning new skills
- Must have a desire to achieve greatness
- To take pride in what you do
- Be an effective communicator
4 GCSEs grades 9 - 4/A* - C including English and maths (or equivalent) are essential.
There are a range of post registration courses available for dental nurses looking to further their education. They may include a range of higher education qualifications or other work-related education and training to support continuing profession development such as Certificate in Dental Sedation Nursing, Certificate in Oral Health Education etc.
About the employer
Our commitment to clinical excellence underpins three key areas of oral health prevention guidance, restorative care and cosmetic treatments. Each member of staff regularly attends leading dental industry training courses and seminars, keeping the practice abreast of medical research and developments, enabling us to implement the very latest treatments with almost immediate effect.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by City Training Services
Tom Hughes 01274 728316 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 3 - Dental nurse standard
- Functional Skills if required
Competency qualification: Apprentices will be required to produce work and build an e-portfolio of evidence through blended learning which will include practical and written knowledge assessments which are carried out in the workplace.
Knowledge: Underpinning knowledge (Exam) will involve attending the classroom for a two hour exam and a programme of e-learning (any exam revision required will be undertaken in the classroom)
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.