Machine Operator - Carton Finishing Apprentice FC Cartons Limited
FC Cartons have two fantastic opportunities for budding Manufacturing Operatives who has drive and enthusiasm and are looking for a career in a very busy and varied environment. Subsidised transport and pay progression rewarded to the right candidate.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2021
£173.25 to £334.13
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
04 Oct 2021
02 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Duties and Responsibilities:
Report to the Management Tier any concerns you may have relating to Staff, Health & Safety, Machinery, Quality and Hygiene as a matter of urgency to ensure controls are in place at all times.
- Assist and develop the skills required in the setting up of machinery to meet the requirements of the production schedule, customer specification and Quality & Hygiene standards
- To complete all external training and development necessary to meet the requirements of the NVQ qualification
- To complete all relevant documentation as set out in all Company procedures and policies during all production run
- To assist with the relevant maintenance and repairs are carried out promptly to ensure productivity is not affected by breakdowns. To report all maintenance and repair requirements using the Company procedures
- To assist other Operators and Assistants to ensure optimum productivity is maintained and/or reached to meet the needs of the customer and/or the business
- Report to the Management Tier any concerns you may have relating to Staff, Health & Safety, Machinery, Quality and Hygiene as a matter of urgency to ensure controls are in place at all times
- To communicate in person and on the telephone with colleagues, customers and other visitors in a friendly and positive manner
- Complete all relevant documentation as set out in Company procedures
- To work in accordance with Health & Safety and Hygiene regulations, and to report all accidents/incidents to the Management Tier
- To undertake training and personal development that may be required to assist you in your current role or may be a requirement of the Company
- To undertake any other such duties, within the competency of the post which may from time to time be determined by the Company
- To work effectively as part of a team to deliver and demonstrate the Company’s Values & Guiding Principle
Requirements and prospects
- Good communicator
- Able to work independently
- Good IT skills
- Good telephone manner
- Asks for help when unsure
- Team player
- Able to follow instruction
- Positive attitude
- Has integrity
5 GCSES Grade 4/C, equivalent or above including English, maths and Science.
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Things to consider
Additional training to take place at Loughborough College to develop knowledge, skills, and behaviours to accordance to this Apprenticeship. Please ensure you are able to travel before applying.
Loughborough College has the right to close this vacancy before the end date.
About the employer
FC cartons is an owner managed family run company, established in May 2003. Husband and wife, David and Debra Woodyatt set up the Castle Donington based company after many years’ experience within the packaging industry. Between them they now have over 60 combined years of experience.
The idea to form a gluing and folding company came about after the realisation that there was a gap in the market for a highly skilled, quality assured company providing support to packaging, printing and carton companies throughout the UK.
It was this gap in the market and obvious demand for such a service that has seen fc cartons experience steady and sustained growth since its inception. The company now employs over 40 staff and is based in purpose designed industrial premises in a convenient out of town location in the East Midlands. Accreditations held by fc cartons include-BRC/IOP High Risk Global Standard for Packaging and Packaging Materials and ISO standards 9000, 14001, 45000.
Substantial investment has been made during this time, not only in additional plant but also in recruiting and training the right people for the job, resulting in a highly skilled and experienced workforce.
To be the preferred partner for finishing solutions to the carton, print and packaging industries.
We will use our experience, enthusiasm and passion to contribute to our customers’ success.
We will provide solutions to meet and exceed expectations whilst at the same time delivering a reliable and seamless service.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Loughborough College
Hayley Cousins 01509 618019 firstname.lastname@example.org
- L2 Apprenticeship Standard in Engineering Operative
- L2 Diploma in Engineering Operations (Skills & knowledge)
- L2 Certificate in Engineering Operations (Knowledge)
- L2 Functional Skills English and maths (if required)
End-Point Assessment (EPA):
Practical observation - to assess the Apprentice’s application of skills within the Apprentice’s place of work or in a suitable environment away from the workplace (e.g. In a centre approved by the EPAO); Professional discussion - to holistically assess KSBs across the standard and will be informed by reflective portfolio
Currently delivered one day per week (Term Time Only) at Loughborough College. Seven Units completed on the Engineering Competence can be mapped into the Foundation Competence Qualification on most Level 3 Standards.
Apprenticeship Pathway can include working within:
- Fabrication Role
- Maintenance Role
- Materials, Processing or Finishing Role
- Mechanical Manufacturing Engineering Role
- Technical Support Role
- Electrical & Electronic Engineering Role
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.