Multi-Skilled Production Apprentice Aliweld Ltd
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work within a Ryton based company, Aliweld Ltd, to work on a busy factory floor. Candidates will learn a variety of engineering skills including some fabrication and welding as well as hand fitting tasks.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
06 Oct 2021
02 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop valuable workskills whilst working towards a recognised qualification. Experience in fabrication and welding is not necessary to apply for this role but candidates must be enthusiastic and hardworking with a willingness to learn.
Duties to include:
- Manufacture of aluminium tipping bodies
- Developing an understanding of MIG and TIG welding processes
- Elements of hand fitting will be involved in the role
- Use of hydraulics
- Using various equipment and machinery including the guillotine and press
- Responsible for inspection and quality of on-going and finished products
- Ensuring working environment is kept clean and tidy at all times
Requirements and prospects
- Enthusiastic and keen to develop new skills
- Good communication skills and the ability to follow instructions
- Genuine interest in manufacturing
- 9 - 3 (A* - D) grade at GCSE in maths and English
- There are opportunities for progression for the right candidate upon successful completion of the apprenticeship
Things to consider
- Due to the nature of the role candidates will be required to complete a paid work trial with the company prior to enrolling on to the apprenticeship
- Candidates must be able to travel to the employer premises for a 7.00am start
- A driving licence would be desirable for this position
About the employer
Aliweld Ltd are a one stop body shop specialising in the manufacture and repair of aluminium tipping bodies. The company fit all kinds of hydraulic tipping gears and sheeting systems, manual and electric.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Derwentside College
Apprenticeship Recruitment Team 01207 585 914 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 2 Lean Manufacturing Operative Apprenticeship Standard
- Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths and English if required
Lean manufacturing operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.