Commis Chef Apprentice Billesley Manor Hotel
Billesley Manor is offering the perfect start to your career. The Manor will allow you to not only gain experience in fine dining but to also develop the core skills every chef needs, from breakfast, afternoon tea and conferences, to helping to make a wedding a truly memorable experience.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2021
£240.00 - £320.00
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Nov 2021
02 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
- Working under the leadership of the Head Chef you will develop the skills to work on all sections of this busy kitchen, from fine dining to large banquets.
- Master making the best use of local produce to give our guests the best possible experience.
- Learn your core skills as a chef, understand how to hold and use a knife, master cookery techniques to achieve the highest results.
- Help the chefs make the best possible use of ingredients to achieve financial targets.
- Work with all the team to ensure food is prepared in the highest possible hygienic conditions.
- Develop good team skills and don’t be afraid to jump in and help when someone needs it, remembering you may need their help
Requirements and prospects
- Customer focused, good communication skills.
- Smart appearance, tidy worker, attention to detail, positive “can do” attitude, reliable and good timekeeper.
Ideally GCSE math’s and English grade learn your core skills 4 or above but upskills may be available.
Full time permanent position may be available for the right candidate completing their apprenticeship, progression onto Chef de Partie or Management qualifications may be possible.
Things to consider
Billesley Manor is a short distance out of town so own transport would be ideal.
Hospitality is hard work and often requires you to be on your feet for long periods of time.
About the employer
Billesley Manor is a luxury hotel in Stratford-upon-Avon. We are located just a short distance from the town centre, as well as Shakespeare’s birthplace. Offering comfortable and stylish accommodation, as well as high-end dining, a venue for events and a serene location for wedding ceremonies.
Our multi-functional manor hotel in Stratford-upon-Avon seamlessly caters to almost any occasion. Our state-of-the-art wellness facilities, too, make for the ideal relaxing getaway from the hustle and bustle of daily life.
The Hotel has just completed an extensive £5.6m refurbishment.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Solihull College
Bryan Anderson 01789266245 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Commis chef apprenticeship standard
- Functional Skills in English and maths as required
- End point assessment
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.