Embroidery Apprentice EMPIRE PRINTING & EMBROIDERY LTD
Excellent opportunity working for an established printing & Embroidery business based in the Norfolk. The primary role will be to support the existing embroidery department.
Closing date: 28 Nov 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 32.50
Possible start date
29 Nov 2021
02 Jul 2021
Level 3 (A level)
- Embroidery machine operative to work in a fast paced embroidery department
- Operating the machines to ensure maximum efficiency is maintained
- Setting the embroidery machine to the correct functions and loading with the correct colour threads
- Placing products into and out of the machines and selecting the correct garments
- Replacing thread and material as and when required
- Quality checking products as they come out of the machine before packing
- Attention to detail is key to ensure all products are made to the correct standard
- Unpacking and re-packing garments
Requirements and prospects
- Attention to detail
- Computer literate
- Able to communicate with others
- Time management
Minimum grades A*-C/9-4 in GCSE maths and English or equivalent or willing to work towards.
- Positive attitude
- Use own initiative
- Desire to progress
- Interest in sewing/embroidery
For the right person, there is the opportunity to secure full time employment after the apprenticeship.
Things to consider
Vacancy will close early if the right candidate is found - apply early to avoid disappointment.
Please note you may be contacted via e-mail for interview.
From April 1st 2021 the National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices is £4.30 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship.
For all other Apprentices the National Minimum Wage appropriate to their age applies. The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training.
About the employer
An established Printing & Embroidery business based in Long Stratton Norfolk with 15 year experience. Specialising in embroidery, DTG printing, vinyl and sublimation. Providing workwear school uniforms, sports kit and training & leisure wear.
British Printing Industries Federation
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by British Printing Industries Federation
Sam Greenwell 01676 526030 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 3 Print Technician Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional English/maths skills where required
- Off-the-Job Training
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.