Pharmacy Services Apprentice Lyng Pharmacy
To provide an excellent customer service experience in the provision of medication and treatments. If you are looking for a career in pharmacy, you will be able to work alongside professional staff who have many years of experience and knowledge.
Closing date: 28 Sep 2021
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
05 Oct 2021
02 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
The role will involve being part of a team and undertaking the roles which include:
- Taking in and handing out prescriptions
- Dispensing prescriptions
- Using dispensary and stores computer systems to generate stock lists and labels
- Helping to maintain reasonable dispensary stock levels
- Ordering items for use within a department
- Receiving, loading, unloading incoming goods from wholesalers, manufacturers and elsewhere
- Selling over the counter medicines
- Responding to telephone and face to face enquiries
- Drawing any problems identified or queries raised to the attention of pharmacists or pharmacy technicians
- Ensuring that health and safety requirements are met
Requirements and prospects
- Team work
- Customer handling
- Good communication skills
- Desire to learn
- Mature and sensible approach to tasks
- Maintaining client confidentiality
- Minimum Grade 4 and above in GCSE’s maths and English.
- Would require GCSE in Science to progress to level 3
- Level 3 progression
Things to consider
As part of this apprenticeship, you will be required to travel to both the employer location and also attend college (in most cases). Please ensure that you have researched your travel arrangements and are happy with the time it will take and distance required to travel, before you apply for this vacancy.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates.
About the employer
A community based and run pharmacy servicing the local people of West Bromwich. A pharmacy which offers a high quality of service in all areas of general pharmacy services which includes:
- General health support and health screening
- Sexual health services
- Prescription and dispensing services and delivery services
- Post discharge support
- Pregnancy testing and vaccinations
BIRMINGHAM METROPOLITAN COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Birmingham Metropolitan College
Zeaba Winning 07712407430 email@example.com
Pharmacy Services Assistant level 2.
Standards are occupation-focused; they are not qualification-led. The learning happens throughout the apprenticeship. And the apprentice is assessed at the end. There is a focus on key areas – knowledge, skills and behaviours (KSB)
Pharmacy services assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.