Apprentice Pharmacy Services Assistant Eason Pharmacy Limited
This role is an exciting opportunity to join a small team at an excellent family run pharmacy which dedicates itself to develop the team through apprenticeships and training. This will be an excellent start to a career in dispensing with the opportunity to progress to further learning.
Closing date: 28 Sep 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
06 Oct 2021
02 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
- Handling customer queries in confidence
- Collection of prescription charges/checking patient exemption statements
- Operation of efficient stock control appropriate to the needs of the dispensary with the objective of ensuring continuity of supply for patients and minimising wastage
- Ensuring that drugs are received and stored in an appropriate manner in accordance with the manufacturers’ instructions
- Ensuring that refrigerated items are stored at the appropriate temperature and maintaining the temperature control record/logbook
- Ensuring that that all dispensary equipment is kept clean and kept in good working order.
- Maintaining full and accurate records of all dispensing transactions.
- Ordering and unpacking drugs and dressings
- Dispensing and checking repeat prescriptions and prescriptions from surgeries under the supervision of a dispenser.
- Taking orders for repeats and dealing with queries from district nurses and support staff.
- Using the computer to keep records up to date.
- Dealing with queries from patients regarding their prescriptions.
- Handling controlled drugs (and keeping register).
- Handling prescription money and operating/balancing the till.
- Assisting when required to meet targets in relation to dispensing doctors scheme
- Assisting in stock checks
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication with customers Consistently
- Accurate with an eye for detail
- Good IT skills
- Cash handling
- Good team work ethic
- Friendly approach to customers
- Hard working
- Client confidentiality at all times
- English and maths GCSE at grade 4 and above or equivalent. Would need Science GCSE at Grade 4 and above to progress to L3
- Progression to Level 3 for the right candidate
Things to consider
As part of this apprenticeship, you will be required to travel to both the employer location and also attend college (in most cases). Please ensure that you have researched your travel arrangements and are happy with the time it will take and distance required to travel, before you apply for this vacancy.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates.
About the employer
Eason's pharmacy is a family run business, with the current pharmacist being the third generation of the family to work there since the business opened in Wilnecote, Tamworth in 1953. We aim to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction, aided by our long-standing and well trained staff.
BIRMINGHAM METROPOLITAN COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Birmingham Metropolitan College
Zeaba Winning 07712407430 firstname.lastname@example.org
Pharmacy Services Assistant level 2.
Standards are occupation-focused; they are not qualification-led. The learning happens throughout the apprenticeship. And the apprentice is assessed at the end. There is a focus on key areas – knowledge, skills and behaviours (KSB)
Pharmacy services assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.