Apprentice Business Administrator MCS Roofing & Cladding
An exciting opportunity to work in a busy office and warehouse learning a range of business and administration skills. This is a great opportunity for the right candidate.
Closing date: 09 Nov 2021
Total hours per week: 42.50
(the hours are based on the candidate being over 18)
Possible start date
15 Nov 2021
02 Jul 2021
Level 3 (A level)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Business and Administration Apprentice to work in a growing business with lots of opportunities.
Duties will include:
- Daily phone contact with customers, answering queries and responding in a timely manner
- Sales Order Processing
- IT Skills
- Data input via SAGE (in house-training provided)
- Interpreting Architects Drawings and creating engineering drawings for manufacture.
- Handling customer complaints
- Despatching / Receiving
- Stock Checks / Cycle counts
- General administration duties, including raising purchase orders.
- Loading/unloading customers
- Loading/unloading deliveries
- Roll-forming operation (Manufacturing Department)
- Sheet Metal Fabrication using CNC Guillotine/Folding Machine (Manufacturing Department)
- Order picking/checking
- General housekeeping duties (Office, Yard & Workshop based)
- Forklift operation/training (for suitable candidates)
- Face to face customer interaction
- eBay Seller Interface and General Maintenance & Updates of Company Website
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Accuracy – attention to detail
- Knowledge of Word, Outlook and Excel
- Hard worker
- Ability to work under own initiative or as part of a team
- Hands-on approach
- Kind temperament
- Patience due to the nature of our customer path
- Keen to learn
- Alert and aware of what is happening around you at all times
- GCSE (or equivalent) in maths & English is essential (Grade C or above
- GCSE (Or equivalent) Design & Technology (a bonus)
- Good basic all round ICT Skills
Previous employees have progressed to various positions including Management, Business Administration/Sales, Machine Operatives, Warehouse/Logistic Operatives.
A permanent position within a growing company with progression into different departments gaining a wide range of experience.
Things to consider
- CS Roofing & Cladding are a company offering the right candidate the opportunity to gain experience in a variety of roles enabling their progression within MCS Roofing & Cladding or enhancing their future career prospects
- MCS Roofing & Cladding are very much still a family company who have very long-standing employees due to the friendly and caring environment they work in
- Each individual in the company works closely with one another
- 20 days paid holiday per annum plus bank holidays are provided
- Free tea, coffee, bread and butter are provided
About the employer
MCS are established as one of the UK's leading manufacturers of Colour Coated Steel Roofing Sheets, Flashings and Accessories delivering nationwide to the Industrial, Agricultural and Domestic markets. Whether the development is Industrial, an Agricultural Project or a Domestic Project we work together with the client providing close consultation and technical advice to determine their budget and material requirements. Moreover, our raw materials are sourced from the finest steel producers in the world and we place a great emphasis on quality control to maintain a first-class experience from initial enquiry through to the delivery of goods.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Macclesfield College
Maxim Business Training 01625410000 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship Standard
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.