Apprentice Nursery Worker Crowders Garden Centre
Staff will be involved with all aspects of work relating to the production of field grown trees. This will include; planting, propagation, watering and feed, cultivating, plant handling, cane and tie, pest and disease control and pruning. Resulting in the growth of high quality trees for our customers.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
14 Oct 2021
02 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Undertake duties which require specific skills if trained to do so, to include but not limited to;
- Pesticide applications, vehicle operations, water treatment, pest control, irrigation procedures, plant handling and storage, performing tests and recording of results
- Learn within your own processes plant recognition, quality observance, plant health, sizing requirements, working systems and production outputs as required
- Respect and follow stock control systems in place to provide accurate figures within the system
- Prepare, handle and process plants for despatch within the guidelines given
- Help the Company to protect the health of yourself and others
- Be prepared to transfer and assist all other parts of the business as required
- Observe the Company’s Health & Safety polices and safe working practices
- Work in a way that respects and protects the environment in line with the Company’s Environmental Policy
- Embrace ISO9001 procedures designed to improve the Company’s quality standards
- Comply with W Crowder & Sons Ltd Employment Terms and Conditions and all other Company policies
- Treat all Company property with respect and help to protect these valuable resources which include but not limited to buildings, machinery, vehicles, equipment, stock or materials
- Respect all site equipment and security
Requirements and prospects
- No experience required as full training will be given
- Numeracy skills
- Team Working
- The successful candidate will need to have the ability to work independently without the need for close supervision
- Happy to work outside in all weather conditions
- Have an interest in plants and plant science
- Willingness to learn and work with the existing team
- Candidate must be punctual and reliable
- The candidate must be dedicated to completing the apprenticeship qualification
- A helpful and friendly approach is essential
- No qualifications required as full training will be given but candidate should have basic literacy and numeracy skills and be able to complete the Level 2 Apprenticeship
Permanent position for the right candidate. Further training both in-house and externally.
Things to consider
The role will involve working outdoors / in all weathers / standing for long periods / chemicals / heat / cold / heights / underground / driving / using heavy equipment / lifting etc.
About the employer
Crowders Nurseries are a 7th generation family owned business, with over 200 years of experience. We grow and supply hardy nursery stock to commercial landscape professionals, land owners and public sector organisations throughout the UK, Channel Islands, Ireland and Western Europe.
Please note that this position would be working predominantly at our nursery in Woodhall Spa.
BISHOP BURTON COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Riseholme College
Michelle Bailey email@example.com
- Level 2 Workbased Horticulture Standard
- Training will be provided mostly in the workplace with an assessor coming to visit on a regular basis to do work-based reviews, assessments and observations
- Day Release at Riseholme Collge.
- Functional Skills in Maths and English if applicable
Horticulture or landscape operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.