Business Admin Apprentice F W B
Support the Buyer in the purchase of goods, materials and services to ensure that the company operational needs are met, considering price, quality and delivery and to ensure continuity of supply.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.25
Possible start date
05 Nov 2021
02 Jul 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Duties will include:
- Support the Procurement team in the development of product category strategies by undertaking market analysis and research
- Take accountability for a small product category to support future development
- Assist the team in data collection on supplier performance
- Collate Request for Quotation (RFQ) responses and complete costing sheets
- Support buyers in the critical path management of pre-production samples for new tenders managed by the procurement team
- Support team in collating supplier samples and brochures for new product/solution innovation to sales
- Manage supplier Invoice Queries and resolve in agreed time-scales
- Understand and deliver to stakeholder requirements
- Produce and maintain information on supplier non-conformance
- Support buyers in collation of reports for suppliers
- Support the procurement team in undertaking due diligence of suppliers and ensure that new suppliers are recorded and registered on business systems
- Work with clients across the business to analyse demand and assist in the specification of goods and services to be supplied
- Develop and maintain a supplier database to strengthen the procurement process
- Sourcing the right supplier partners and maintain relationship with existing suppliers
- Supporting the sales function by interpret reports and predicting future sales
- Ensuring products are delivered on time and in full
- Reacting to any changes in customer demand
- Ensure that personal performance is in line with agreed objectives, KPIs and processes
Requirements and prospects
- Purchasing experience
- Willingness to obtain CIPS qualification or working towards CIPS
- Outstanding communication skills and a high level of numeracy and literacy
- Ability to work effectively and calmly under pressure
- Cross functional- work well in a team and individually
- Proactive and results driven attitude
- Keen to progress
- Willing to learn
GCSE grades A*-C/9-4 including maths and English (or equivalent).
Completion of the apprenticeship could lead to a permanent position for the right person.
About the employer
F.W.B offer a unique service with the ability to bring together a broad range of products and technical expertise. Our procurement expertise ensures we are able to source competitively and manage products to suit individual requirements.
Newcastle-under-Lyme College & Stafford College
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Newcastle-under-Lyme College & Stafford College
The Apprenticeship Hub 01782 254287 email@example.com
Business Administrator Level 3 Standard.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.